The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Sep 30, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #2,551 of 7,793
Really glad I went the Pitbull Audio route. Headphonebar and Headfoneshop really dropped the ball on this one. I'll have it from California (more than a day's drive away) before they even have it in stock at HB, which is 4 hrs away. Soon, my pretty....

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #2,552 of 7,793
  Really glad I went the Pitbull Audio route. Headphonebar and Headfoneshop really dropped the ball on this one. I'll have it from California (more than a day's drive away) before they even have it in stock at HB, which is 4 hrs away. Soon, my pretty....

Yeah ordered from Pitbull on Friday, was at my door Monday. From Cali to Illinois in three days for free.

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #2,556 of 7,793
For some reason, Paypal didn't put my CC payment through until the day after I ordered. So, it shipped out yesterday. Fingers crossed for Friday. My ears and sd card are ready. I've been waiting almost 11 months for this. Money was no object :wink:

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #2,557 of 7,793
For some reason, Paypal didn't put my CC payment through until the day after I ordered. So, it shipped out yesterday. Fingers crossed for Friday. My ears and sd card are ready. I've been waiting almost 11 months for this. Money was no object :wink:

If it makes you feel better, the last time I tried shipping something to China, UPS wanted like $80

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #2,559 of 7,793
  I'm still waiting for Headphonebar :D

Madness! Oh, and I should add... My Kogan will be here this week as well. I'm in heaven.
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #2,560 of 7,793
I disagree with Headfonia's take on the headphone out. I'd like to know what music he listened to and what headphones he used. I'm telling you, with really well-mastered albums, my UM Miracles sounded terrific, certainly better than an ipod. Different strokes, I guess.

Sep 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #2,564 of 7,793
Neither man ..just happy for you ..also waiting for some input from you ..between Kogan n X1 ....initially wanted to get X1 but Kogan is really performing well ...so your input is the deciding factor here whether to get X1 ...lol

All good :)
I might be biased as I don't have an X3 or X5. Just... Cowon i9+, Cowon C2, Cowon J3, ipog 5.5g rockbox'd, Colorfly C3, SGS4, Clip Zip rockbox'd... I'll be reviewing against those, though. If that helps.
cool.gif

Sep 30, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #2,565 of 7,793
  I disagree with Headfonia's take on the headphone out. I'd like to know what music he listened to and what headphones he used. I'm telling you, with really well-mastered albums, my UM Miracles sounded terrific, certainly better than an ipod. Different strokes, I guess.

I do think that the DAC outperforms the amp section of the X1, but im also a bit skeptical about the X1 amp underperforming compared to the ipod, which was also not the impression i got.

Also, did anyone feel that the X1's bass had that much extra weight to it as Lieven suggested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back