The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
Apr 11, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #571 of 1,083
thanks
What about windows settings ?
Do I check all the sample rate boxes and choose 24bit 48khz ?

And anyone using winamp here ? What to configure there (just checked "allow 24bit"
And, do I install fiio asio drivers ?

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #572 of 1,083
  thanks
What about windows settings ?
Do I check all the sample rate boxes and choose 24bit 48khz ?

And anyone using winamp here ? What to configure there (just checked "allow 24bit"
And, do I install fiio asio drivers ?

I haven't tried on windows yet. On my mac, I go on MIDI settings and set it 24bits 96khz and have fun. 

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #573 of 1,083
I have it set to 24 and 48

Tho I don't think oversampling is a good idea too ?
Most 320mp3 are in 44 16 bit
flacs are either 16bit 44 or 24bit 44/48
Now I am not sure if upscaling does anything "bad" actually. Lets say You listen to 16bit 44khz track but e10k is set to 24bit 48/96, No idea if upscaling then, would have any negative effect on sq. I am testing this now and don't think there is a difference. Tho I dont have many flac tracks and I am not sure if my winamp is sufficent with "allow 24bit" enabled

Apr 12, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #577 of 1,083
I'm planning to upgrade from E10K. I'm thinking about Meridian Explorer2 or Schiit Modi 2 uber. Do you guys have any inputs ?
Meridian can really improve SQ since it does upscaling but M2U prince and connections are unbeatable. I don't need a powerful amp, though. That said, E2 can be a good choice but its price it's almost the same of magni2/modi2 combo. 

=T

Apr 12, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #579 of 1,083
Getting BSODs again... Not sure what's the problem but I'm getting Kernel Security Check Failure and sometimes the computer can't restart on its own (fans seem to speed up) and I will have to press the power button for an emergency shut down. This is on Windows 8.1 with USB 3.0 (I don't have USB 2.0 unfortunately, as that's what many users say will fix this problem).

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #580 of 1,083
Getting BSODs again... Not sure what's the problem but I'm getting Kernel Security Check Failure and sometimes the computer can't restart on its own (fans seem to speed up) and I will have to press the power button for an emergency shut down. This is on Windows 8.1 with USB 3.0 (I don't have USB 2.0 unfortunately, as that's what many users say will fix this problem).

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-system/windows-81-bsod-when-inserting-usb-device/3705ff4f-a0b2-4f10-9e9c-1764086601c2

Could you follow the instructions by ZigZag3143 here for logging minidumps for BSODs and upload the minidump if another BSOD occurs?

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 12, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #581 of 1,083
This dac/amp works really well paired with Momentum 1.  Pretty happy with it for that purpose.  It seems to take away some of the exaggerated low mids on the M1's.  But I imagine it will attribute to a lack of low mids on a flatter headphone.

Dac portion is solid for the price. 

I'll be taking it to work and using it on my work Windows PC hopefully I don't have bsods.

Edit : Looks like HA-P50 uses PCM5102 and work with iPhone on Teac iOS app.  Has anyone tried this with iOS with camera kit and the Teac iOS music app?

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #582 of 1,083
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-system/windows-81-bsod-when-inserting-usb-device/3705ff4f-a0b2-4f10-9e9c-1764086601c2

Could you follow the instructions by ZigZag3143 here for logging minidumps for BSODs and upload the minidump if another BSOD occurs?

Best regards,
Joe

I tried following the thread but the problem is BSODS don't always occur. Sometimes the audio stops and "visualization" on the Windows volume bar is stuck. I can't access playback devices either. Finally when I turn off my E10K get a BSOD saying ""Driver IQRL not less or equal" (wdf01000.sys)" and the computer can't restart by itself - the BSOD loads up to 100% but the CPU just speeds up and the fans get louder and louder. (must press powerbutton to force shutdown and restart manually, which takes a bit of time), so I don't know if a minidump is created. If I get the "Kernel Security Check Failure" there is a remote chance the computer can restart itself.

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #583 of 1,083
Fiio customer support answered my email about power switch.

Thank you for your mail and support to FiiO!

Oh, kindly inform you that the E10k you get is the latest version. We make that power off persion to the latest version. Pls don't worry about this. It is our device."

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #584 of 1,083
Fiio customer support answered my email about power switch.

Thank you for your mail and support to FiiO!

Oh, kindly inform you that the E10k you get is the latest version. We make that power off persion to the latest version. Pls don't worry about this. It is our device."

Weird that we didn't notice before now that there were at least two versions.  Almost makes you wonder what else they might have changed without telling anyone..

FWIW I have the 'off' switch version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back