The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
Aug 4, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #76 of 1,083
Make you wonder where those people get their 'news' from...hmm.

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #77 of 1,083
  Just read your review. Quick question, is there a way to turn off the blue led in the front other than unplugging the cable? I plan to get one and leave it plugged in my pc 24/7 and I'd hate for it to burn out sooner than it need be.

Good question, I will double check it as soon as I get home, since I don't recall off-click when you turn the dial to 0.  Didn't really think about it since I'm on laptop.  PCs seems to be a thing of the past :)

James or ClieOS, feel free to chime in since I won't get to it until later tonight :wink:

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #78 of 1,083
I don't think there is a way to turn the blue LED off. It will however take a few years for a blue LED to fully burn out though.

Aug 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #79 of 1,083
Oh wow. This seems really promising. I have been meaning to find a DAC/Amp for my CAL! 2 at a reasonable price. I was considering the dragonfly but if this is so close in sound clarity at a lesser price then I am so getting this.  

Aug 4, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #80 of 1,083
I don't think there is a way to turn the blue LED off. It will however take a few years for a blue LED to fully burn out though.

thats silly someone dont want the power indicator LED to be off permanently.......if you ask me. I would just put a thick brown tape or the black ducy tape to mask just that by using an inch rectangle of the said tape.
Oh yeah, the mod is reversible.....:wink:

Aug 4, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #81 of 1,083
Just read your review. Quick question, is there a way to turn off the blue led in the front other than unplugging the cable? I plan to get one and leave it plugged in my pc 24/7 and I'd hate for it to burn out sooner than it need be.

The blue LED-thats the sexy part of the amp and boost the looks of it when active than turned off.....you can use thick tape to mask the light(tape just the led front) or keep a cloth just infront of it not covering the whole as it needs more ventilation for being turned ON 24/7......see that the tape doesnt block the dial movement as they are very close to each other.......

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #82 of 1,083

Good question, I will double check it as soon as I get home, since I don't recall off-click when you turn the dial to 0.  Didn't really think about it since I'm on laptop.  PCs seems to be a thing of the past :)

James or ClieOS, feel free to chime in since I won't get to it until later tonight :wink:

That would be a great idea if they implemented the off-click using the dial! I am still using my PC whenever I'm at home :)

Aug 5, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #83 of 1,083
Boys, if it really bother you so much, let me recommend you one of this: USB on/off switch. Just remember to get one of with micro USB male plug.

switch.JPG

You should be able to find different design quite easily on eBay under $10, search for 'ON/OFF switch for Raspberry PI'

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #84 of 1,083
  Boys, if it really bother you so much, let me recommend you one of this: USB on/off switch. Just remember to get one of with micro USB male plug.

switch.JPG

You should be able to find different design quite easily on eBay under $10, search for 'ON/OFF switch for Raspberry PI'

Thanks! I never knew these existed :)

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #88 of 1,083
  Is its output impedance as low as the E10's?

Under 1 ohm, so yes.

Does anyone know how well the E10k performs with speakers?

It has a line-out for self-powered speaker (or pre-amp), if that's what you mean. E10K doesn't / can't drive speaker directly, just like E10, because it is not a power-amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back