The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
Jul 28, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #62 of 1,083
Just ordered a E10K from Amazon to replace my Behringer UCA202 - hopefully it's a nice upgrade especially in terms of the amp. Right now I'm pushing my UCA202 amp to max volume and still not getting enough juice for my phones. As long as this has wider ranger and ideally a quieter noise floor I will be one happy camper :)

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #63 of 1,083
I was just reading up some on the E10K. Nothing quite filled this price point range for a USB DAC/amp. Glad to see the E10 back again in an updated version.

However, I'm looking at the specs and wondering what the real advantage is of having an digital coaxial out on a DAC/amp like this? The jack space on the back would be better served with a line input, IMO. I wonder if it's just a case of "we can easily add a usb to coaxial converter, so we did?" Not complaining. Just curious. :)

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #64 of 1,083
I suspect it isn't "easy to add it in" but rather "it's already there".

I don't know the specifics in this case, but often times the usb receiver converts into the appropriate (spdif?) signal which feeds into the dac chip. Tapping that output to an extra jack isn't that big of a step. Adding a line-input however will require a new input stage, and a switch of some sort (either manual or automatic) to disengage connection to the dac.

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #65 of 1,083

I don't know the specifics in this case, but often times the usb receiver converts into the appropriate (spdif?) signal which feeds into the dac chip. Tapping that output to an extra jack isn't that big of a step. Adding a line-input however will require a new input stage, and a switch of some sort (either manual or automatic) to disengage connection to the dac.

Thanks for the info!

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #66 of 1,083
ain't got time to read all the pages
Is there any info on when this thing will hit Russian market? i wanted the E10 but when i finally decided to buy one it was gone, there's not a whole lot of variety in stores around here so i'm really anticipating a chance to grab E10k (e17k is 2expensive for my budget)

Aug 2, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #67 of 1,083

Yep, that's the answer. S/PDIF output is already built into the TE7022 USB receiver. So it is just a matter of running the signal out to the coax connector.

ain't got time to read all the pages
Is there any info on when this thing will hit Russian market? i wanted the E10 but when i finally decided to buy one it was gone, there's not a whole lot of variety in stores around here so i'm really anticipating a chance to grab E10k (e17k is 2expensive for my budget)

I think you will have a better chance of an answer if you ask the Russian distributor.

Aug 2, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #69 of 1,083
Then you will have to wait for the grey market import, which no one can tell you the time anyway.

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #71 of 1,083
  whenever they launch international sales. some guy said august, no source linked tho
amazon simply doesnt ship here. only resellers for stupid price

Why don't you try contacting MICCA Store directly (http://www.miccastore.com/) and see if they can ship it to you?  They are an official FiiO distributor in US, and maybe can ship internationally to mother-Russia? :)  Popitka ne pitka :p

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #72 of 1,083
Aug 4, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #73 of 1,083
Just read your review. Quick question, is there a way to turn off the blue led in the front other than unplugging the cable? I plan to get one and leave it plugged in my pc 24/7 and I'd hate for it to burn out sooner than it need be.

Aug 4, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #74 of 1,083
Just found an article on some korean site, turns out e10k is delayed to mid-late September 2014 due to some issues found within the product
DOH e17 is more than twice as expensive ! Q_Q
the sound sucks so hard with this mobo but i dont want to buy stuff just to replace it with e10k in 2 months

also, i just checked, the shipment from the US to where i live is 130$, totally useless deal

Aug 4, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #75 of 1,083
  Just found an article on some korean site, turns out e10k is delayed to mid-late September 2014 due to some issues found within the product
DOH e17 is more than twice as expensive ! Q_Q
the sound sucks so hard with this mobo but i dont want to buy stuff just to replace it with e10k in 2 months

also, i just checked, the shipment from the US to where i live is 130$, totally useless deal

it is not true , we will delivery  the 2st batch in this month.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back