The F/S Area Sucks
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #16 of 35
I always edfited the ad title or description to a big " sold ", pretty easy to do so even if it has been relisted after the swap over anyone reading won't bother asking.

HA ^ above post beat me to it :)

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #18 of 35
be nice if eventually FS listings were linked to signatures somehow or within user profiles like old times. I did try to find what you had up by linking through your profile but no such luck :frowning2:

Jun 30, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #19 of 35
I'm sorry your free for sale section on a free site is upsetting you guys. As you said there's alternatives out there between other forums, ebay (4+% take on every transaction), audiomart (free), audiogon ($10+3-4%), craigslist(free), facebook marketplace(free), several "Let it go" phone apps........ go there, complaining about a problem the site owners know about and are working to correct does nothing but make you all looks like a bunch of babies.[/QUOTE

Funny, I don't remember stating that I was " upset " thanks for telling me how I feel. What I said was I wish that there were other places to do B/S. One must read ones post entirely before making comments.
As for the site owners problems ( which are many) maybe some testing before a release is the norm, as opposed to making us the testers and without us the members of said site there is no site and then no sponsors and then no revenue. As for sounding like a baby not looking like one, I say Whaaaa!

Jun 30, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #21 of 35
Funny, I don't remember stating that I was " upset " thanks for telling me how I feel. What I said was I wish that there were other places to do B/S. One must read ones post entirely before making comments.
As for the site owners problems ( which are many) maybe some testing before a release is the norm, as opposed to making us the testers and without us the members of said site there is no site and then no sponsors and then no revenue. As for sounding like a baby not looking like one, I say Whaaaa!

Well the fact that you can't even use the quote system correctly explains a lot, let alone that I said "you guys", as in, everyone bitching above my post (nice ego you have there thinking it's all about you). Me saying you're upset isn't the same as telling you you're upset, and you don't have to state that you're upset to sound upset either (you sound perturbed at best); the English language doesn't work like that. I like how you tell me to read when you can barley go into any thread on this forum where someone explains that the site owners had barely any notice of the shut down of their old platform, they didn't have time to test, it's unfortunate but crap happens and they're doing the best they can with the hand they were dealt.

"What I said was I wish that there were other places to do B/S"

I listed more than 7 for you, you're welcome.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #22 of 35
Jul 25, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #26 of 35
My only gripe is the subscribed thread alerts. Almost never get them. I usually see them in the recent posts, and realize 3 or 4 pages were added. Lol

That's the way it works: you only get notified of the first post since you last read a subscribed thread, until you go and read it again. At least that's the way it works for me; I assume it's the same for everyone.

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #27 of 35
What I'd like to know is how some of my sale threads get hundreds of views yet no one interested in buying, even when the price is great. You'd think that a decent portion of people who click a sale thread would be interested in buying... This happens for countless other sellers too. It's going to be a hassle trying to sell on sites I've never sold on before.

Aug 17, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #29 of 35
I just bought twice last couple of weeks.

I note that many members have tons of phones in their inventory such that they won't rush to buy an item: If your phone is real good, they probably have it already and if they want it they will compare the prices, terms and conditions before making the purchase.

As noted above, there are tons of " other " places trading headphone. Members tend to compare everywhere before buying. I think all of our members are smart guys. They won't like to overpay to buy a headphone home.

For some of the slow moving items in this forum, frankly speaking, I did see better price/terms from other site. Some people listed their without warranty used off-season phone only slightly cheaper than the new(new version), Will you take it?

The sellers are also responsible to check whether their items are competitive.

Aug 17, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #30 of 35
I'm just glad I did 90% my trying stuff out before the new head-fi switch. Now I've got what I want. It was not nearly this painful to sell something here before.

Once the website was updated, the F/S section went downhill and fast.

Same here. (Five figures worth of gear!)

I may just end up resorting to eBay and Craigslist, 'cause I don't want to have to deal with unfamiliar sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back