The F/S Area Sucks

Discussion in 'Feedback & Bug Reports' started by TWerk, Jun 29, 2017.
2 3
Next

Last
  1. TWerk
    Good luck selling anything on here anymore.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    JBal4 likes this.
  2. Pewterlocks
    why? I was going to try and sell my Fiio collection

3. wnmnkh Contributor
    It really went downhill.

Once I tried to sell one of my Sennheiser headphones, and I ended up getting so many reports from people (who were not going to buy it anyway) and moderators asking me for the initial receipt to check if I was selling stuffs for profit.

I felt disgusted and decided to sell it to ebay, and I actually ended up selling at even higher price. It was my obligation that I always gave fellow head-fiers chance to buy/sell stuffs first before I look for another source, but these days I stopped bother and go straight ebay. At least people can't harass you for selling stuffs too high or too low.

HoloSpice and TWerk like this.
  4. TWerk

Many reasons, but mainly the total lack of interest anymore... Seems that buyers have disappeared off the site and you're left with a bunch of sellers bumping their ads for the XXXth time with no responses at all.

Idk maybe it's just a slow time for headphones or the market is totally flooded at this point with too many options, but it seems much harder now than before to sell.

5. Asian8640
    Honestly, the sales section is dead as a result of a horrible setup. There is no usable search function. As such, dead.

TrapperD, LepakVT and TWerk like this.
  6. TWerk
    Yeah, it's not only the F/S area. I think a lot of people left the threads too since just don't seem to be as active as they used to be...

HoloSpice likes this.
  7. DaemonSire
    I noticed that as well. Ever since the re-design, it seems like everything slowed down considerably...threads, f/s, etc.

Even though there have been improvements to the threads, the F/S section is still terrible. Can't bump your ad without posting a message, can't close them, search is terrible.

The feedback system has gone to crap as well...you can't even link feedback to a classified anymore.

8. LaCuffia
    I think they are working on it but yeah it's not very user friendly. There's a guy trying to sell a Stax 009 for like three weeks at a pretty good price and no takers. Perhaps an indication of less users browsing and buying. I've seen 009's go on sale in the past and they get snatched up within a day or so.

9. TWerk
    Yeah, if you try selling something on here, you will see it's a PITA now.

10. Pewterlocks
    I noticed that I still don't get my email that I subscribe to. Wish they had just left it alone.
    So for selling buying,trading gear, where does that leave us. I find audiomart somewhat lacking. There has to be somewhere.

11. Pewterlocks
    As for making a profit, kinda one of the reasons to sell stuff, just saying,,,

12. Asian8640
    I agree. It is a terrible policy that DIY'ers should work for the cost of parts. That literally would be against labor laws in most areas. You are buying a service. You pay for it.

13. Muinarc
    I'm sorry your free for sale section on a free site is upsetting you guys. As you said there's alternatives out there between other forums, ebay (4+% take on every transaction), audiomart (free), audiogon ($10+3-4%), craigslist(free), facebook marketplace(free), several "Let it go" phone apps........ go there, complaining about a problem the site owners know about and are working to correct does nothing but make you all looks like a bunch of babies.

wormsdriver likes this.
  14. bflat
    It's difficult on buyers too because:
    • Previous ended classified FS came back to life
    • No filter for closed or open FS
    • No search within each FS category
    • No filter by most recent
    • No auto bump so people are bumping on an honor system
    I believe the mods are working on improving these issues and will roll out a new classified area eventually. Remember, they didn't upgrade the site because they wanted to, but because they had to.

JBal4 likes this.
  15. Muinarc

You can search in specific sections for specific things. The only real issue is the closing which only about 50% of the people actually did on the old format (and which the Mods currently do by locking if you simply report your post or put "SOLD" in the thread title), and the bumping which was never automatic, only the timer that restricted you from bumping, you still had to go in a click it manually.

Capture.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    Capture3.JPG

nick n likes this.
2 3
Next

Last