The F/S Area Sucks
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #3 of 35
It really went downhill.

Once I tried to sell one of my Sennheiser headphones, and I ended up getting so many reports from people (who were not going to buy it anyway) and moderators asking me for the initial receipt to check if I was selling stuffs for profit.

I felt disgusted and decided to sell it to ebay, and I actually ended up selling at even higher price. It was my obligation that I always gave fellow head-fiers chance to buy/sell stuffs first before I look for another source, but these days I stopped bother and go straight ebay. At least people can't harass you for selling stuffs too high or too low.

Jun 29, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #4 of 35
why? I was going to try and sell my Fiio collection

Many reasons, but mainly the total lack of interest anymore... Seems that buyers have disappeared off the site and you're left with a bunch of sellers bumping their ads for the XXXth time with no responses at all.

Idk maybe it's just a slow time for headphones or the market is totally flooded at this point with too many options, but it seems much harder now than before to sell.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #7 of 35
I noticed that as well. Ever since the re-design, it seems like everything slowed down considerably...threads, f/s, etc.

Even though there have been improvements to the threads, the F/S section is still terrible. Can't bump your ad without posting a message, can't close them, search is terrible.

The feedback system has gone to crap as well...you can't even link feedback to a classified anymore.

Jun 29, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #8 of 35
I think they are working on it but yeah it's not very user friendly. There's a guy trying to sell a Stax 009 for like three weeks at a pretty good price and no takers. Perhaps an indication of less users browsing and buying. I've seen 009's go on sale in the past and they get snatched up within a day or so.

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #13 of 35
I'm sorry your free for sale section on a free site is upsetting you guys. As you said there's alternatives out there between other forums, ebay (4+% take on every transaction), audiomart (free), audiogon ($10+3-4%), craigslist(free), facebook marketplace(free), several "Let it go" phone apps........ go there, complaining about a problem the site owners know about and are working to correct does nothing but make you all looks like a bunch of babies.

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #14 of 35
It's difficult on buyers too because:
  • Previous ended classified FS came back to life
  • No filter for closed or open FS
  • No search within each FS category
  • No filter by most recent
  • No auto bump so people are bumping on an honor system
I believe the mods are working on improving these issues and will roll out a new classified area eventually. Remember, they didn't upgrade the site because they wanted to, but because they had to.

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #15 of 35
It's difficult on buyers too because:
  • No search within each FS category
  • No filter by most recent

You can search in specific sections for specific things. The only real issue is the closing which only about 50% of the people actually did on the old format (and which the Mods currently do by locking if you simply report your post or put "SOLD" in the thread title), and the bumping which was never automatic, only the timer that restricted you from bumping, you still had to go in a click it manually.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back