The Etymotics HF5 Thread
Nov 10, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #47 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of the box the 530's blew me away with its powerhouse mids. The FX500's with its ridiculously low bass. The ety's there is nothing for me that immediatley jumped out and said hey look at me, you could say the highs but they also felt very inline with everything else, its all very balanced, yet as more listening goes on I realise these are not cold like the RE0's. They feel very romantic, they are soft and incredibly inviting into the music but at the same time ridiculously detailed, its not immediately obvious but with each song I felt more and more taken by what I was hearing.

Timmy, I notice you have SE530's as well as the HF5's - how would you say they differ?
Is it worthwhile having both 530's and HF's in the quiver?

Also, any comparisons between HF5's and er4s? I guess the HF5 bass is more pronounced but anything else?

Apologies for all the Q's.

Nov 10, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #48 of 567
So the HF5's arrived at my door. €115+15 shipping costs. but they asked €40 import tax. I didn't have any cash money, so they'll deliver on another day. Etymotic won't refund it, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #50 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Timmy, I notice you have SE530's as well as the HF5's - how would you say they differ?
Is it worthwhile having both 530's and HF's in the quiver?

Also, any comparisons between HF5's and er4s? I guess the HF5 bass is more pronounced but anything else?

Apologies for all the Q's.

Sorry to jump in but as a former owner of the SE530 and current owner of ER4s I might be able to help.

Having both the SE530 and HF5 would work well. The SE is much more mid and low end centric while Ety is a more balanced sound through out the spectrem. The SE is a nice change from the Ety while the Ety is a nice change from the Shure, if that makes sense. Two different animals but very good at what they offer.

Nov 10, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #51 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeTrun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the HF5's arrived at my door. €115+15 shipping costs. but they asked €40 import tax. I didn't have any cash money, so they'll deliver on another day. Etymotic won't refund it, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

Importing from where? With what website?

Nov 10, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #52 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by busstonedfx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they charge you tax at the door in cash? are you sure that's not the delivery person just asking for a tip?
biggrin.gif

Yes, they do.

I lol'd.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Importing from where? With what website?

I bought it at the Etymotic website, so I guess it's from the US? I live in Belgium, which is in Europe, btw.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #53 of 567
My HF5 were delivered to me last week (I'm from Slovakia). I ordered through amazon.co.uk (MyMemory) for 92€ with shipping. They are great. Now listening music in train is really listening with pleasure not only to spend time.

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:22 AM Post #54 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to jump in but as a former owner of the SE530 and current owner of ER4s I might be able to help.

Having both the SE530 and HF5 would work well. The SE is much more mid and low end centric while Ety is a more balanced sound through out the spectrem. The SE is a nice change from the Ety while the Ety is a nice change from the Shure, if that makes sense. Two different animals but very good at what they offer.

couldn't have said it better myself. I flip flop between the two

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #55 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
couldn't have said it better myself. I flip flop between the two

Thanks Ibis & Timmy - I may give them a try.

I found them at £68 somewhere on-line, must be worth a punt for that.

Although I have always fancied the ER4s...decisions, decisions...

Nov 11, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #56 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Ibis & Timmy - I may give them a try.

I found them at £68 somewhere on-line, must be worth a punt for that.

Although I have always fancied the ER4s...decisions, decisions...

You will need an Amp for the ER4s to reach true potential.

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #57 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeTrun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Well that 's a pity and a lot of money as well. Try to contact etymotic and ask for a refund...

The amazon uk deal sounds great!

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #58 of 567
Hey guys.. I recently didnt enjoy my ne-7m and sold em for the OK2.. but then i tried the im616 and they sound amazing. the im616 were very good for my ears but not enough bass.. hardly any unless u achieve the perfect seal. I also only have the triple flanges to try. and my small ears have a burning sensation after removing the IEMs. is this because they are to large n hurt my ears?

I was recommended the er4 if I like the sound but want more bass. So what about the HF5.. how do they compare in sound sig to the im616. and is the bass noticeably improved?

Ive never tried the shure olives, but these phones with the small might work for me. I cant use iem's like the ne-7m as the soundtube is to large.

any comparison of these hf5 and im616? thanks!

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #59 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by CENTRAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that 's a pity and a lot of money as well. Try to contact etymotic and ask for a refund...

The amazon uk deal sounds great!

Indeed, so I've already sent an email, but they haven't responded yet. What should I do when it arrives again, tomorrow? Well, I won't be at home, but my older sister will. Should I tell her to just ignore the bell or something?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #60 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys.. I recently didnt enjoy my ne-7m and sold em for the OK2.. but then i tried the im616 and they sound amazing. the im616 were very good for my ears but not enough bass.. hardly any unless u achieve the perfect seal. I also only have the triple flanges to try. and my small ears have a burning sensation after removing the IEMs. is this because they are to large n hurt my ears?

I was recommended the er4 if I like the sound but want more bass. So what about the HF5.. how do they compare in sound sig to the im616. and is the bass noticeably improved?

Ive never tried the shure olives, but these phones with the small might work for me. I cant use iem's like the ne-7m as the soundtube is to large.

any comparison of these hf5 and im616? thanks!

Just to say i use the klipsvh ovals which are great and very comfortable for me, ymmv. I guess shure flex sleeves would work too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back