The Ethernet cables, Switches and Network related sound thread. Share your listening experience only.
Aug 14, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #1,441 of 2,218
I believe the hypsos is set at 12v. I actually didn't like the way it sounded at lower voltages and higher amps. With the hypsos, I was able to try 9v,10v, and 11v, but I always came back to 12v. Don't know why, but I seem to prefer the higher voltage and lower amperage on the etherregen. The lower voltages negatively affected the clarity of the overall sound. Yeah, it can definitely get hot. But it did get hot on the other voltages too from what I recall.
I wonder what alternatives there are in same price/size range with clock input .... and 5-12V DC input

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #1,442 of 2,218
2.0 meter - OS2 single mode grade B fiber patch cable - connector LC UPC to LC UPC duplex - bend insensitive. Insertion Loss (IL) 0.01 (dB) - Return Loss (RL) 75.15 (dB)
(Corning G.657.A1 )
Why are you running single mode on multimode connector?

Tx and rx`?

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #1,443 of 2,218
I wonder what alternatives there are in same price/size range with clock input .... and 5-12V DC input
I also have a Uptone JS-2 lps with ghent audio upgraded dc cables. It is another variable voltage lps and I believe it has a clock input called "sense". I've never used an external clock so I wouldn't be able to tell you the effects. I really like the js-2 sound enough not to resell the lps, but it's actually just being used as a paper weight at the moment. I have a Jcat optimo 3 duo powering the ethernet card, and the Fidelizer Nikola 2 powering my jcat usb card. I prefer the tone of the Nikola 2 but the js-2 is really close. JS-2 may be a touch cleaner but still convincingly natural, and the Nikola 2 is a touch more natural/organic than the js-2. I could easily recommend the Uptone js-2 as a lps for anyone looking for one. I would not recommend Uptone lps1.2 based on personal experience. I don't think it has the juice or reserves to power a lot of components to their desired potential. I actually think it may or may not have damaged my matrix spdif2 at one point. But I can only say good things about their JS-2 and Etherregen.

Aug 14, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #1,444 of 2,218
I also have a Uptone JS-2 lps with ghent audio upgraded dc cables. It is another variable voltage lps and I believe it has a clock input called "sense". I've never used an external clock so I wouldn't be able to tell you the effects. I really like the js-2 sound enough not to resell the lps, but it's actually just being used as a paper weight at the moment. I have a Jcat optimo 3 duo powering the ethernet card, and the Fidelizer Nikola 2 powering my jcat usb card. I prefer the tone of the Nikola 2 but the js-2 is really close. JS-2 may be a touch cleaner but still convincingly natural, and the Nikola 2 is a touch more natural/organic than the js-2. I could easily recommend the Uptone js-2 as a lps for anyone looking for one. I would not recommend Uptone lps1.2 based on personal experience. I don't think it has the juice or reserves to power a lot of components to their desired potential. I actually think it may or may not have damaged my matrix spdif2 at one point. But I can only say good things about their JS-2 and Etherregen.
Im running almost all those things on my AX1600i ATX powersupplies with ghent audio cables. Sold 2 LPSU because of it :wink:

Thats why Im looking for the switch to be DC input so it shutsdown with my computer.

Aug 14, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #1,445 of 2,218
Im running almost all those things on my AX1600i ATX powersupplies with ghent audio cables. Sold 2 LPSU because of it :wink:

Thats why Im looking for the switch to be DC input so it shutsdown with my computer.
I have that exact power supply in my pc. How is the noise floor using that beefy power supply? Do you get dc hum from your dac or amp?

Aug 14, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #1,446 of 2,218
I have that exact power supply in my pc. How is the noise floor using that beefy power supply? Do you get dc hum from your dac or amp?
I have never had better sound!

It powers:
Router 12V rail on AX1600i - ghent audio cable with Oyaide DC termination
RTX 4070 standard power cable to AX1600i
UAD-2 solo DSP card motherboard pcie
NAS 12V rail on AX1600i - ghent audio cable with Oyaide DC termination
JCAT USB XE 5V rail on AX1600i - ghent audio molex cable
Pink Faun USB bridge V2 - 5V rail on AX1600i - ghent audio molex cable
Afterdark X1 Constellation Ethernet 5V rail on AX1600i - ghent audio cable with Oyaide DC termination

It will also power the next switch. I ditched 2 LPSU because of it :wink:

The noise floor is so low, the black background is blacker than a wormhole in space!

Have you not seen the Ripple/Transients measurements and test of the ATX? or did you just buy it randomly thinking expensive is best?

_

Extra grounding to another powerstrip
DI20HE
Masterclock
Motherboard to another outlet
_

Corsair Link
1692047393142.png

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #1,447 of 2,218
I have never had better sound!

It powers:
Router 12V rail on AX1600i - ghent audio cable with Oyaide DC termination
RTX 4070 standard power cable to AX1600i
UAD-2 solo DSP card motherboard pcie
NAS 12V rail on AX1600i - ghent audio cable with Oyaide DC termination
JCAT USB XE 5V rail on AX1600i - ghent audio molex cable
Pink Faun USB bridge V2 - 5V rail on AX1600i - ghent audio molex cable
Afterdark X1 Constellation Ethernet 5V rail on AX1600i - ghent audio cable with Oyaide DC termination

It will also power the next switch. I ditched 2 LPSU because of it :wink:

The noise floor is so low, the black background is blacker than a wormhole in space!

Have you not seen the Ripple/Transients measurements and test of the ATX? or did you just buy it randomly thinking expensive is best?

_

Extra grounding to another powerstrip
DI20HE
Masterclock
Motherboard to another outlet
_

Corsair Link
1692047393142.png
I just purchased it because I needed a new psu to power my 3080ti graphics card. I also saw that the titanium rated one was more efficient and possibly quieter with better capacitors, but truth be told it wasn't an informed purchase because I was using the jcat optimo 3 duo and nikola 2 power supplies to power my cards.

Aug 14, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #1,448 of 2,218
I just purchased it because I needed a new psu to power my 3080ti graphics card. I also saw that the titanium rated one was more efficient and possibly quieter with better capacitors, but truth be told it wasn't an informed purchase because I was using the jcat optimo 3 duo and nikola 2 power supplies to power my cards.
Its the first/only ATX to have GaN transistors.

This beast is on another level. I have never had such snappy and responding music. It exposed my Aryas truly for what they were. I could not save it with plugins even though it sounded good. The experience with Susvara was so good Arya had to leave.
_
My experience is that my system sound atleast, atleast as good like a (*)mac mini with teradak and rockna wavelight with auditioned expensive tubes and SS amp!.
_
I believe this ATX needs a good run. It sound so "hard" True, and technical = unforgiving
_
If you have good music player that supports VST like JRIVER:
I can recommend you UAD-2 Solo PCI for cheap and demo there plugins. I only bought one so far, but I will get one more for saturating Hifiman headphones with fine distortion and tube.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/best-sounding-vst-mastering-eq-share-your-experience.968435/

*Roon endpoint which beats very expensive alternatives, past price range of Roons own solution and price classes above

_

I only use DC Blocker on the computer

Attachments

• 24D86E71-0EDD-445C-9BF4-1FC39735655C.jpeg
    24D86E71-0EDD-445C-9BF4-1FC39735655C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • BB8ED1FB-E391-44D8-BE27-7F2A05D5BB29.jpeg
    BB8ED1FB-E391-44D8-BE27-7F2A05D5BB29.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #1,449 of 2,218
@Tubewin

This power change in chain, gaved med a couple of "out-of-headphone-experience" I really thought sound came from outside my Susvara. Never experience such "tube" like experience where everything is soo visible and holographic. Kicks and snares are so organic. It was this change that made me really justify the purchase of Susvara.

My AGD system has been so open to changes I thought it was the bottleneck regarding Susvara. It was not= Source.

Aug 15, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #1,451 of 2,218
I've been using the audioquest diamond ethernet and enjoy it. Every cable is another place for a weak link.

Each time I changed a cable I heard something different. Note that different doesn't always mean better. For example, audioquest sounds amazing in my main listening rig, but not in the second. That one sound better with cardas. It's all about synergy.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #1,452 of 2,218
Aug 15, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #1,453 of 2,218
Aug 18, 2023 at 1:28 AM Post #1,454 of 2,218
I put one ifi acpurifier in power conditioner outlet between where router and switch is connected.

I did here some small improvement with audio opening up for new details and with video looking sharper i thought i detected easier emotions expressed in the faces. With well known material.

I am happy with any small increment step of improvement :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back