The Essential Rock & Metal Headphone & Gear Appreciation Thread!!! Fans Unite!!
Jan 24, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #32 of 71
one could say that i'm an allrounder, but can't deny the facts that i always be in love with distortion & double pedal 
evil_smiley.gif

currently using Hippo Biscuit + Hippo Cricri paired with V-Jays & Sony MH1a, hoping that i could get my hands on Shure SE215 SPE & Grado SR80i soon

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #33 of 71
Quote:
one could say that i'm an allrounder, but can't deny the facts that i always be in love with distortion & double pedal 
evil_smiley.gif

currently using Hippo Biscuit + Hippo Cricri paired with V-Jays & Sony MH1a, hoping that i could get my hands on Shure SE215 SPE & Grado SR80i soon

Dang!! this reminds me of old days when Indonesian metal band is still breathing
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #35 of 71
Just make sure you auditioned it first before you purchase it, Grado SR80i/SR60i in the other hand is really good if you dig for rock and metal music in terms of price and soundsignature

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #36 of 71
unfortunately i'm unable to auditioned because here where i live currently, ain't got that kind of store 
confused_face.gif

the only way i can buy 'em is through online store from Jakarta.

No doubt about Grado, but SE215 SPE? from what i've seen on many signature, it's just too many Grado owner that own that IEM too. that's why i'm curious, ofc i do read the review and all, and kinda like the over the ear cables & the ability to recable easily

for example, post #24 by "That Person" also own SE215

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #37 of 71
Quote:
unfortunately i'm unable to auditioned because here where i live currently, ain't got that kind of store 
confused_face.gif

the only way i can buy 'em is through online store from Jakarta.

No doubt about Grado, but SE215 SPE? from what i've seen on many signature, it's just too many Grado owner that own that IEM too. that's why i'm curious, ofc i do read the review and all, and kinda like the over the ear cables & the ability to recable easily

for example, post #24 by "That Person" also own SE215

You're in north sumatra right??, I believe that a few member in Au-Id medan regions have the SE215, try to contact them if you happen a Au-Id member

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #39 of 71
Though I don't listen to as much metal now as I did years ago, I'll give my input on some cans that do really well with all metal subgenres. First off, the SR-225i that I had performed the best with the modded SR-80i following close behind. Then there's the DT 1350 that I currently have which do a bit worse than the Grado's as far as speed and dynamics are concerned, but have a much beefier bottom end. Last, but certainly not least, are my modded D1001. They do well with ANY genre, especially metal. I use them if I'm going to listen to some sludge, doom or stoner metal because their bass texturing is phenomenal.

Some of the music I'm talking about:

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #41 of 71
Quote:
it makes me wonders more, if you guys said that Grado SR225i's & SR325i's are great, then what makes them Symphones Magnum driver 
blink.gif

Yes, the magnum's are my favourite for metal. Very smooth, 325 was far too aggressive for me. MS2 I also own and it's pretty great for metal too, more in your face without the extreme brightness of the 325.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back