The Essential Rock & Metal Headphone & Gear Appreciation Thread!!! Fans Unite!!
Jan 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #16 of 71
Have some serious listening to do with all the posted tunes...
beerchug.gif

Still rocking the PRO750s (love 'em)... Still with some classics before work...

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #17 of 71
Lets get this thread going again, rock on!!!

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #18 of 71
Right on. I just found out about these guys like two days ago, and I've pretty much had this song on replay ever since:

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #20 of 71
If you guys want to discuss music, the Let's Talk Metal thread is still going strong! I don't mean to demean this thread, of course.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/397407/lets-talk-metal

As for headphones, my brainwavz b2's are excellent, clean, detailed, and airy IEMs that render faster paced metal and densely layered metal like the aforementioned Wintersun perfectly. Just the right amount of crispness in the treble, and the bass quality and speed (as opposed to quantity) is perfect. Also am able to hear all the cool bass lines that metal tends to obscure.

Also just ordered Mr Speakers Mad Dogs! Anyone listen to metal through those?

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #21 of 71
Agreed. The GR01 uses the same driver, and I agree that it does work very well for rock/metal. I think the TWFK is a great armature driver for rock and metal. What I don't understand is that the very similar sounding full size Q701 doesn't get recommended for rock or metal very often. They have all the same qualities of the b2/dba02/GR01/R50 and all the other TWFK's, but they don't get recommended for this type of music. It's a shame. If you like to be able to pick apart your music as you listen to it, then this type of detailed sound is perfect. 
Quote:
If you guys want to discuss music, the Let's Talk Metal thread is still going strong! I don't mean to demean this thread, of course.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/397407/lets-talk-metal

As for headphones, my brainwavz b2's are excellent, clean, detailed, and airy IEMs that render faster paced metal and densely layered metal like the aforementioned Wintersun perfectly. Just the right amount of crispness in the treble, and the bass quality and speed (as opposed to quantity) is perfect. Also am able to hear all the cool bass lines that metal tends to obscure.

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #22 of 71
Quote:

Yup, I love the B2 with metal.

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #24 of 71
I listen to mostly Progressive/Classic/Hard Rock. Currently I own Grado sr225i's, Shure SE215s, and a Fiio E7 amp/dac. I'm into Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Rush, Genesis, Electric Light Orchestra, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, The Scorpions, etc.

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #26 of 71
Quote:
I listen to mostly Progressive/Classic/Hard Rock. Currently I own Grado sr225i's, Shure SE215s, and a Fiio E7 amp/dac. I'm into Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Rush, Genesis, Electric Light Orchestra, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, The Scorpions, etc.

Indeed...The SR225s are outstanding indeed...Cheers!!!!!

Quote:

The HE-500 is simply amazing for metal music, the timbre, the PRaT, everything just amazing

Quote:
A well amped HE-6 is exciting for metal! 

What about the LCD-2? Anyone have any impressions of these with metal?

A buddy brought over his HE-500s a while back and have to say those phones kick @ss.  Had a couple of CDs on shuffle trying them out with some Opeth, Trivium, Megadeth, KoRn, Dream Theater etc. and they did not disappoint with anything you threw at them.

Same buddy recently acquired the HE-6s as well and he says they are amazing.  We will be getting together in a few weeks so I can check them out....

Cheers!!!

Still have the pic of the HE-500 afternoon...lol

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #28 of 71
Quote:
I can also confirm that the ATH W3000Anv is good for metal as well especially with tube amps.

Can't argue with you there.  I listen to different genres of rock and metal with my ATH-W3000ANV and feel the same way. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #29 of 71
Its all about the 325is for metal in my opinion 
gs1000.gif
  Although there are still many headphones to hear

Currently listening to this album.  Really enjoy the classic, soaring vocal kind of feel 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back