The end of MP3 players and amps on airplanes?
Aug 10, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 73
Seem to be heading that way...
frown.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 73
i know at least one company around here that has air-travel amps as part of the business model.

Aug 10, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #4 of 73
I don't think they ever could. The ipod craze won't let them. Amps could be a problem because they're not very well known.

Aug 11, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #6 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2297379&page=1

with so far unannounced new restrictions on carry-on luggage, will mp3 players and amps now be confiscated? in great britian right now the only electronic device you can bring on board is a cell phone.

not sure how that would fly (no pun intended). on any flight take a look at business class and more than half the people are on their laptops.

Aug 11, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #7 of 73
"ipods and cell-phones" not allowed on british flights.
/the news 5 minutes ago

Aug 11, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #8 of 73
If they do this in the US I will be pissed. Hmm, does this mean if I get my iPod iModed it will have no use!?

Aug 11, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #10 of 73
MP3 players? They're not even letting you take a bottle of soda on the plane. I suspect airlines that are already suffering bankruptcy, i.e. Delta, are going to take a hurtin' in the future.

Aug 11, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #14 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
I rather Homeland Security purchase the screening technology that exists today that would avoid all these screening girations and give us the security we need, without the hassle.

The new screening regulations for domestic flights are only for liquids/gels

Aug 11, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #15 of 73
Just dont see it going over very well.

First off, on long flights who doesnt bring along some sort of electronic entertainment these days? I know for a fact that I do every time I fly, and would go mad without some decent IEMs and a portable of some sorts (MP3, DS, whatever).

I wonder if such a ban goes through how many markets would be effected? Funny but the first thought that came to my head was Bose having a huge market hit, because lets face it 90% of their high end business is business men who have no clue and buy the QC line for silence. What would they do now?

Also, time spent on a flight, especially longer ones over the large ponds, can be a great time to spend writing documents are putting together the final touches on a power point or some sorts. What about these people?

I just dont see it happening for a sustained period of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back