The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver hybrid flagship from Fidue
Jun 10, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #122 of 631
Oops pull me back, stock cable come with non memory wires, impossible to hock them tight
frown.gif

There is enough weight in the cable for it to hang naturally anyway - and there is also a cinch which works really well.  If you don't like those options - just fit a different cable .....

Jun 10, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #123 of 631
  Any of you lucky ones test the A91 with the iMicro DSD? I know at least a few of you guys have both 
wink.gif

What do you want to know? Anything specific?

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #126 of 631
I got my daughter to check - my age and the permanent tinnitus means I rarely hear hiss.

According to Emma they are dead quiet using full volume control on IEM Match setting with both ULTRA and HIGH sensitivity (power mode on ECO).  I also checked power mode NORMAL, and they were pretty much dead quiet on those setting too - just a faint noise at full volume on NORMAL + IEM Match OFF.  Mind you if you actually had music playing at those volumes you'd be deaf in a couple of minutes - so I think you're pretty safe with a hiss free Sirious and the iDSD.  Source was the line-out of the L&P L3.

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #127 of 631
FTR - I'm just using the balanced out of the L3 (no amp) - and really loving the Sirious so far. Would be among the best IEMs I have heard in 2016 so far - and I do not say that lightly.

Jun 11, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #129 of 631

Was considering the combo as a potential portable end-game with the deal going on for the Micro. Just how you find the pairing compared to straight out of a DAP, is there any hiss, etc.

I don't have my iDSD anymore but it is a sublime DAC-Amp with excellent transparency and loads of power as well as features - it "sounds" really good with in-ears and full-sized headphones and has no problem driving them with superb control.
And in Eco mode with iEMatch set to "ultra sensitivity", there is not even a wee bit off hiss left, even with super sensitive in-ears (and that is coming from someone who is pretty sensitive to hiss). Set to "high sensitivity", there is some moderate hiss (depending on the in-ears though) and with disabled iEMatch, there is quite a bit of it (but that will again depend on your own sensitivity to hiss).

By the way, I would also generally advise to use ultra sensitivity in general for in-ears, as its output impedance is quite a bit lower than in high sensitivity mode.

You might check out this post of mine for some measurements of the micro iDSD.

If ifi Audio ever makes an iteration of the micro iDSD with fine-grained digital volume control, it will be an instant buy for me (I'm not a fan of analogue volume control anymore - no idea how I got along with it some years ago, but that is just me).

Jun 11, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #134 of 631
The instant i t was posted on Facebook i was like i need it , my mind told me endgame realism is hear and they will stop my craving for more gears:innocent:

I'm not sure it'll stop the craving; it'll soothe the craving right up until Fidue one-ups itself again, then you'll have to buy another IEM from them again :p
i can wait for that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back