The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver hybrid flagship from Fidue
Jun 14, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #140 of 631
Anyone home?

*BEEEEEEEEP* You have reached S-I-R-I-U-S. All representatives are currently busy. We will do our best to reach you in a timely manner and thank you for your patience. You may choose to wait on the line for the next representative or leave a message after the beep. *BEEEEEEEEP*
lool:grin:

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #141 of 631
Originally Posted by HiFiChris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried getting the Sirius on pics but it was just massive reflections everywhere.. I have to send the Plenue S back so I was hoping to make a brief pic together since they both have that dark gray look, but it didn't look like that was going to happen in a short period of time 
rolleyes.gif
 Yours turned out pretty nice, thought it was going to be impossible.

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #143 of 631
More shots to wet your appetite (click to expand).  And btw, after 125hrs of burn in I hear Sirius sub-/mid-bass on par with Andromeda.

Jun 14, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #145 of 631
  More shots to wet your appetite (click to expand).  And btw, after 125hrs of burn in I hear Sirius sub-/mid-bass on par with Andromeda.

Funny - I measured when I got them, and have measured a couple of times since.  Bass hasn't changed a bit on the graphs.  Are you sure it isn't the positioning of the internal port, and you slowly adjusting the fit to where it is most comfortable?

Hint : try closing the port adjacent to the nozzle

Don't think changes have anything to do with burn-in my friend 
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #146 of 631

Funny - I measured when I got them, and have measured a couple of times since.  Bass hasn't changed a bit on the graphs.  Are you sure it isn't the positioning of the internal port, and you slowly adjusting the fit to where it is most comfortable?

Hint : try closing the port adjacent to the nozzle

Don't think changes have anything to do with burn-in my friend 
wink.gif

I think, just like with cables Paul, it's one of those topics we have to agree to disagree bud, when it comes to dynamic drivers burn in 
wink.gif
  I stopped taking measurements (as you know, my setup is out of whack, needs serious calibration), only relying on my ears.  With burn in, I just set it and forget it, so definitely not a brain burn in.  Also, using the same gray FLC8S eartips (large size, with long stem).  I mentioned in some previous posts that after 25hrs of burn in I heard Andromeda having more sub-bass, and was even skeptical it will change.  100 more hours on top of that, I hear sub-bass level sounds nearly the same.  Funny, with Andromeda I do more adjustment fiddling to avoid sharp edges, so if anything maybe my andromeda seal is not consistent.  But I went back a few times, and hear Sirius to have nearly the same sub-bass level now, while before it was less.  I also had a similar observation with my original A83 which got way over 500hrs on it, and new A83 with fixed cables I recently reviewed - sub-bass difference was noticeable, and Fidue swears those have identical drivers and the same cable.

But heck, my mind could be playing tricks on me
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #147 of 631
Try opening and closing that port bud - that's all I'm saying 
wink.gif

Might save you some time on that burn-in station

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #148 of 631
  Try opening and closing that port bud - that's all I'm saying 
wink.gif

Might save you some time on that burn-in station

Without a doubt, with dynamic drivers the vent will control the bass response.  From my experience, the sound change after the burn in varies between different headphones (either in-ear or full size).  In some it was drastic enough probably to be noticed even with FR capture, while with others its a subtle change you can pick up only with your ears.  Plus, there is a subtle change associated with solder joints (cable connectors and internal wires) and crossover components when the current is circulating.  But either way, as a reviewer (and you can probably see where I'm coming from), I learned not to make statements but rather share my experience of using the product; I don't have golden ears, just share how I hear it.  If/when people acquire the product after reading the review or impressions, it's up to them to agree or disagree if they hear it the same way, and I respect it either way 
beerchug.gif

Jun 16, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #150 of 631
  Here's my video review for the Fidue Sirius A91 - I liked it. A lot!

As awesome as these look I'm just wondering if they are worth the $700 leap from an A83! OK $600 then because they probably have $100 tied up in that case and cable removing tool alone
blink.gif
Will for sure be a SIRIUS decision when the time comes
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back