The Ear Pads Thread (post questions or say what ear pads worked for you)
Oct 6, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #601 of 803
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dekoni-premium-earpads-for-beyerdynamic-dt-series​

Check these out...?

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #602 of 803
  https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dekoni-premium-earpads-for-beyerdynamic-dt-series

Check these out...?

Leather and pleather on a lot of Beyerdynamics is a VERY bad idea.
Boomy bass and congested sound is what you'll get with a lot of them most likely.

Most Beyer pads are made of vented materials, but these are acoustically sealed. I really doubt there are any sonic benefits to these.

To quote the product blurb : 
"Your headphones might deliver clear, powerful sound—but if they’re not comfortable, you won’t be wearing them for long. Upgrade your pair with these Dekoni earpads, made from memory foam wrapped in protein leather. They provide a breathable, cushioned, enveloped feel for hours of fatigue-free listening. "

At which point are stock Beyerdynamic pads ever NOT comfortable???

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #603 of 803
I have a pair of Turtle Beach stealth 500x headphones for my Xbox One. I have had them for a few months and after wearing them for a couple hours they start to severely hurt my ears. I have been looking for replacement cushions with more depth and I can't seem to find the right cushions. Does anyone know of any compatible cushions I can use with this headset?

Nov 26, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #604 of 803
It would help us a lot, and yourself, if you measured the shortest and longest sides of the original pads with a ruler.
Bonus points if you take an earpad off and measure the cup itself.
Additional bonus points for measuring the dimensions of the ear opening in the earpad, too.

Nov 26, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #605 of 803
It would help us a lot, and yourself, if you measured the shortest and longest sides of the original pads with a ruler.
Bonus points if you take an earpad off and measure the cup itself.
Additional bonus points for measuring the dimensions of the ear opening in the earpad, too.

Thx for the reply. I removed the cuff from the headset and got some measurements. The length measurement or the longest measurement on the cuff is 98.4 mm and the width measurement is 82.5 mm. Ear opening measurements are 63.5 mm x 41.3 mm
[/IMG]

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #606 of 803
measure the internal dimensions too.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #607 of 803
He did, that headphone is roomy, just lacking thickness for him.

joshua1286, try Brainwavz HM5 pads, they are about the right size and inner diameters are similar to your stock pads, though slightly bigger.  A little thicker and roomier, too, going by photos I see in a google search.  Also look into 90-100mm long oval earpads on eBay from Chinese sellers, but I recommend avoiding the ones with wrinkly texture, they tend to be the low-quality ones.  Hopefully the HM5s should do.

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #608 of 803
He did, that headphone is roomy, just lacking thickness for him.

joshua1286, try Brainwavz HM5 pads, they are about the right size and inner diameters are similar to your stock pads, though slightly bigger.  A little thicker and roomier, too, going by photos I see in a google search.  Also look into 90-100mm long oval earpads on eBay from Chinese sellers, but I recommend avoiding the ones with wrinkly texture, they tend to be the low-quality ones.  Hopefully the HM5s should do.

I looked into the brainwavz HM5, and I think they might be what i'm looking for. I'm going to pick them up and see how they handle my big ass ears lol. Thanks for the reference! You've been a big help, much appreciated.

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #610 of 803
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thicker-Ear-Pad-Cushion-For-Denon-AH-D2000-D5000-D7000-D-5000-7000-Headset-/182236646315?hash=item2a6e268bab:g:SZMAAOSwdrRXG4qJ

thickpads anyone? :p

Dec 16, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #611 of 803
I recently picked up the Turtle Beach i60 7.1 headset, and was looking for some recommendations on some new earpads for it. The stock pleather ones are ok, but not all that comfy, plus, I don't really like the sound quality of pleather. I am looking to get something fabric, as I picked up an RIG 505 headset a few months ago, and took the pads from those and used on my Stealth 400 headset as the stock pads for those were terrible. Did a little bit for the sound quality, not much as the stock ones were already fabric, but they were much more comfortable. I took the same earpads and put them on the i60 just for testing, which boosted the sound quality, but not so comfortable as the RIG 505 earpads are almost perfectly round, and the i60 earcups are more of an oval shape, and also have a weird angle to them, which seems to be the thing causing the most discomfort. (pictured). Are there any deeper, fabric earpads that could be used to compensate for the angle? Thanks  

Dec 18, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #612 of 803
FYI my local audio community used to have a Group buy of Brainwavz Hybrid Angled one, and the price is mere 13.50$ each for 25 units (compared to usual 35$) (unfortunately we didn't made the quota).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back