The Ear Pads Thread (post questions or say what ear pads worked for you)
Jan 30, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #421 of 803
A couple more packages arrived from the far east today. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301283633843 "Inside Foam Sponge +Headband Cushion pad for Beyerdynamic DT770 DT880 DT990PRO" from bosity

At $16 shipped i feel like this is a low quality product. At $7 it would be a good deal. I got this because years ago i bought a bare DT990 frame that i have put some Sansui orthodynamic drivers into. 

The headband pad is better than what came on my superex hd-660 but the construction is still cheap. Not recommended. Get one of the knit pads instead, or save up your pennies and get genuine beyer. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391010818198 "Replacement ear pads For AKG K240 K270 Series Headphone earpad" from artisan.online 

There are many pads on ebay that claim to be for the K240 style frame but these actually seem to be the right outer diameter and they have the correctly deep flange on the back. These have a leatherish texture on the vinyl. 

They DO fit the K270 but the overall fit is a bit like a K240 pad that has gone a bit flat, so I will be ordering genuine pads from full compass in a bit, and these will find their way onto some lesser AKG like my K260. 

Not bad / not great / fair price. Came with foam discs that have a hole in the center - interesting choice. 

fwiw here is the link for genuine AKG K240 pads: http://www.fullcompass.com/product/230308.html -- I am guessing these are priced each. Not as great a deal as when they were $7/ea from Frank, but at least you don't have to call Frank. 

Edit: Hmm, $18 + ship for genuine beyer headband pad? But it doesn't look quite like what is on my older DT770: http://www.fullcompass.com/product/399250.html

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #422 of 803

I picked up a pair of Pioneer SE-50's recently, purely for nostalgia. My dad had a pair and as a kid, I spent hundreds of hours listening to them. They arrived in perfect cosmetic condition and I put them on only to notice the ear pads were completely flat, my ears were touching the drivers and they sounded horrible. Based on this thread, I picked up some Brainwavz replacement pads in white. They were a pain to install, had to stretch them quite a bit but finally got them installed. Surprisingly, these 40+ year old cans sound pretty good! There is a bit of a veil there, but I hope it improves with use. I honestly don't these cans have ever been used. The white on white looks pretty cool to me.

Feb 16, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #423 of 803
Have you tried to fit HM5 pads on akg k240 or superlux 668B? Also I'm tempted to try those on Sennheiser hd600 but is there a way of fitting hm5 pads without destroying the ring on the original senn pads? 

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #424 of 803
 Also I'm tempted to try those on Sennheiser hd600 but is there a way of fitting hm5 pads without destroying the ring on the original senn pads? 

i double side taped a velor (chinastuff bought from ebay)...directly onto the hd650 without the ring. 

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #427 of 803
Any hints for square or rectangular ear pads? 

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #430 of 803
I'm wondering about pads for my pioneer HPMs and my stax sr-80. 

The SR-80 has an 80mm*70mm pad, NLA for decades. 

SE-500 has a 70mm square pad. SE-700 is a hair over 80mm square. 

Yeah, I could just slap round pads on them. Maybe i should find some half inch memory foam and bodge up my own. 

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #431 of 803
I've got Pioneer HDJ 2000s that I want to find more spacious ear pads for. The pads that are on there right now have an inner diameter of about 42mm, and I think my whole ear will fit better inside something in the neighborhood of 50.

The cup diameter of the phones is just under 90mm. Looking around, it looks like the Shure 750s have thinner walled cups, but I don't know whether they are in that 90mm neighborhood. But really, I'm open to any suggestions of things that might be a little larger than 90, if it will stay on and give my ear a little more room.

I'm a little shocked that there aren't more fancy replacement pads for the headphones in this size range. Lots of DJ phones fit this range, and some of 'em are pretty expensive, but I haven't been able to find many good quality options that I know for sure will fit, like there are in the 100 cm range.

Mar 3, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #432 of 803
Hello everybody! I kind of need help. I have finally found the perfect sounding bluetooth headphone (for my tastes) and there is only one thing keeping me from keeping them: their thin earpads which make my ears touch the drivers.
So I am looking for non original replacement.
It must be round, not oval, with a diamater of 80mm (I suppose that 85 could work) and a thickness of at least 25mm (the more the better).

Any help would be very much appreciated.
HM5 due to oval form for now excluded.

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #433 of 803
Hi There, anyone used the StoreOne make sold on a/zon to fit the grado 325i range of L cushions ?.....as im looking to pick up a couple of spares , but don't really want to pay £25 a pair.....so any info  on this brand, or any other I can pick up would be great, im based in the uk....thanks...martyn

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #434 of 803
  Hi There, anyone used the StoreOne make sold on a/zon to fit the grado 325i range of L cushions ?.....as im looking to pick up a couple of spares , but don't really want to pay £25 a pair.....so any info  on this brand, or any other I can pick up would be great, im based in the uk....thanks...martyn

the earzonk brand is ok and cheap
dunno if you can get 'em in the uk
theres tons of chinese knock offs on the ebay

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #435 of 803
Thanks I will have a look,  don't really want to send away from China if I can help it, don't expect them to be any good ???......But if anyone as used them please say... cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back