The Ear Pads Thread (post questions or say what ear pads worked for you)
Mar 4, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #436 of 803
No Earzonk on ebay or amazon uk.....but on the google , the earzonk main page want about $20... not sure if inc post......so no good.....shame.......SORRY..these were for the larger one.....the L ones are about $10.......ill check them out...thanks ..

Looks like they don't ship to the uk......they maybe similar quality to the  Store One  brand to be honest..????

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #437 of 803
  Hello everybody! I kind of need help. I have finally found the perfect sounding bluetooth headphone (for my tastes) and there is only one thing keeping me from keeping them: their thin earpads which make my ears touch the drivers.
So I am looking for non original replacement.
It must be round, not oval, with a diamater of 80mm (I suppose that 85 could work) and a thickness of at least 25mm (the more the better).

Any help would be very much appreciated.
HM5 due to oval form for now excluded.

Bump?

Mar 4, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #438 of 803
I've been running Earzonk's G-pads on my cans for some time but finally decided to retire them. Comfortable as all hell, but there as an uncomfortable resonance at certain frequencies that causes a buzz. Not sure if it's the material, or what, but I went back to my comfies.

Mar 5, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #439 of 803
  No Earzonk on ebay or amazon uk.....but on the google , the earzonk main page want about $20... not sure if inc post......so no good.....shame.......SORRY..these were for the larger one.....the L ones are about $10.......ill check them out...thanks ..

Looks like they don't ship to the uk......they maybe similar quality to the  Store One  brand to be honest..????

Are you having an asthma attack? 
redface.gif

Mar 5, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #440 of 803
GreQ.....lol...no but I was a bit mixed up......im after a pair of grado sr 325i spare doughnuts, pads.....but £25 not cheap.....But not sure if these will fit mine ?

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #442 of 803
Yes I thought so, iv always been the same, sorry...lol

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #443 of 803
I am looking for replacement ear pads for my ATH-PRO5V cans.  I don't want more stocks, as they kind of disintegrated.  Anyone know if the Brainwavs thick pads will fit? I'm afraid they could be to big.

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #444 of 803
I am looking for some new pads for my Denon AH-D2000 and AH-D7000 - what are the best ones to get?

Also, does anyone have a link to where I can get JMoney pads?  I can't find a site anywhere and am in UK.

Thanks.

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #445 of 803
  I am looking for some new pads for my Denon AH-D2000 and AH-D7000 - what are the best ones to get?

Also, does anyone have a link to where I can get JMoney pads?  I can't find a site anywhere and am in UK.

Thanks.

J$ pads are only available used.  Best pads from my testing is the Lawton angle for $100, the Stax 007 for $160, Mr Speakers Alpha for $59 or if you're on a tight budget there's a seller on ebay who has what appears to be stock knockoffs for $38 and worth it.

Apr 2, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #446 of 803
Guys, I really need some round pads with a diameter of 80 to max 90mm, and a thickness (from the driver to the top of the pad) of 25 or more mm.
Who knows any?
People keep suggesting me the HM5 but they are huge and will not seal well, and I need them for a bassy cans and my understanding is that the bass will be reduced for the lack of seal, and I do NOT want that to happen :)

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #447 of 803
Guys, I really need some round pads with a diameter of 80 to max 90mm, and a thickness (from the driver to the top of the pad) of 25 or more mm.
Who knows any?
People keep suggesting me the HM5 but they are huge and will not seal well, and I need them for a bassy cans and my understanding is that the bass will be reduced for the lack of seal, and I do NOT want that to happen :)

I couldn't find pads like these, so I got some that were a little big, and got some 3" o-rings to seal them tight to the edge of the cup where they would otherwise have been loose. You might want to go a little smaller than that to get them to fit extra snug.

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #448 of 803
I couldn't find pads like these, so I got some that were a little big, and got some 3" o-rings to seal them tight to the edge of the cup where they would otherwise have been loose. You might want to go a little smaller than that to get them to fit extra snug.

Can you reformulate the last sentence? Language problems, sorry.
Can you also provide a link for your pads and this o ring?
I suppose you have the ATH-WS99?
Or what?

For the ATH-WS99 (and 99BT) which have 80mm diameter pads, I have found that the ONLY fitting solutions are:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OM21W1I (I have ordered and I will tell you how they are. They are not much thicker, only 3mm thicker than the ATH ones. They have some strange plastic thing on the back, because they are supposed to be mount differently on the Grado than the ATH pads. But I think I can adapt them)
and then the Kicker Cush pads. Same or slightly bigger outer diameter, bigger inner diameter (better!) quite thicker. But after thousand of emails to the US support and the EU distributor I still cannot get them to tell me the damn dimensions and also the US support told they do not ship to EU, and the EU distributor does not sell them. So I will have to ask some Head-Fier to receive them for me and forward them to me.
Then maybe the AKG K845BT pads can fit. A bit bigger but still ok. I just got different info about the thickness.

My fear with the HM5 is that by not sealing well can decrease the loudness of the bass.

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #449 of 803
Can you reformulate the last sentence? Language problems, sorry.
Can you also provide a link for your pads and this o ring?
I suppose you have the ATH-WS99?
Or what?

I have Pioneer HDJ 2000 cans. I needed more ear room than stock pads provided. The 2000s are bigger than your WS99s (86 mm), so the pads I got probably wouldn't fit. They also aren't thick like what you want, and I ended up stuffing some material under the lip to make them thicker.

I ended up NOT getting circular pads, so the seal at the edges was poor. I was able to seal the edges into the groove on the outside of the cup with elastic hair bands, but that looked really bad. It took me a while to find o-rings that would do the trick, but it was worth the search: they are thicker than the hair bands, so they seal better, and they blend in -- the black looks like part of the cans.

If your phones are only 80mm, I would say:

- look for something that looks comfortable, but not as big as the HM5 pads. I hear Shure has some nice choices. Don't just fixate on round; oval pads have done the trick for me
- look for an o-ring approx. 15 mm smaller than the diameter of the cups. the o-ring I used was 3", and it's on the looser end of the range that would work on my phones (ideally I think it should have been a little smaller even on mine), so don't go that big if your phones are only 80 mm

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #450 of 803
And you apply this ring on the outside of the pad, just to force it to seal?

I was looking for some oval too, having this idea that if my pads are 800mm round I can find a 70mm + 90mm oval and when the 70mm was stretched the 90 would contract.
But all ovals I find are super big, things like 90 x 110 (like the HM5).

I have started writing questions in Amazon, you know, you can ask to the owners. Asking them to measure the pads :D
It worked but I did not find anything.
Only the Kicker Cush and maybe maybe the Skullcandy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back