The Ear Pads Thread (post questions or say what ear pads worked for you)
Feb 9, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #166 of 803
Feb 10, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #169 of 803
  J$ pads on my HE-6.  Luckily I have a handy gf who was able to modify the pads with the screen protector from the HiFiMan pleather pads.  Sounds better with the screen, too!!

would these fit audio technica m50

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #170 of 803
which are the biggest and thickest pads that can fit audio technica m50, i look to add thickness to the headphone as i feel the headphones is little lose on my ears and my ears dont go deep inside the original pads, so I need thick big pads please advise

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #171 of 803
From what I've read the 840 pads are slightly larger than the M50's.  MrSpeakers responded to me the other day that his Alpha Pads are slightly larger than the 840 pads (which he also sells).  Worth a try on the fit as I know Shure's 840 pads are compatible with the M50 as there have been a loads of reviews recommending the switch.  You may need some creativity to keep them in place if they are too big.

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #173 of 803
  which are the biggest and thickest pads that can fit audio technica m50, i look to add thickness to the headphone as i feel the headphones is little lose on my ears and my ears dont go deep inside the original pads, so I need thick big pads please advise

All kinds of ideas in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/414574/velour-felt-pads-for-ath-m50/255
ATH-M30 and HD280 pads might make you happy as well, but the HD280 pads may require some creativity to put on as they are taller than the M50 baffles.
There's all kinds of options on fleaBay if you figure out pad dimensions.

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #174 of 803
  I'm having trouble finding the following replacement pads for sale online.  Could someone please direct me?

Fisher Audio FA-003
Brainwavz HM5
J Money (J$)

Someone here has probably posted the pad dimensions and/or posted a photo with a comparable standard-sized object next to the cups/earpads so you can figure out their dimensions by proportions.  Then look for something similarly sized.
mp4nation sells the spares.

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #175 of 803
  I'm having trouble finding the following replacement pads for sale online.  Could someone please direct me?

J Money (J$)

You will have to find those used...

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #176 of 803
Thanks Mad Max, I'll check that site out.  I had a feeling J$ was going to be tough as their website was gone / no more.

FYI - I do have a set of the Sennheiser 280 pads here and they measure about 3-1/8" wide (80mm?) x 4-1/4" high (108mm?) out to out.  I also have a set of Shure840's which measure about 3-1/2" wide x 4" high out to out.  The size of the Shure's are what I needed for my phones and the Sennheiser pads ended up being too narrow.  That 3/8" ended up being a bigger hurdle than I thought.

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #177 of 803
I just bought a pair of Shure SRH940 velour pads for $25 on amazon. We'll see how they go.

I figure it's a better option than most of the cheap velour pads that are on ebay. The inner diameter on the ebay velour pads are way too small, and press on the outside edges of my ear.

I'll be trying them out on my K240 Sextett, Monitor, Studio and Beyerdynamic dt880, 770.

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #178 of 803

hykhleif - I was able to confirm through a user review that the Brainwavz HM5 pads fit the ATH-M50 with improved sound quality.  I just ordered from mp4nation for $17/pair, shipped.  Can't wait until their arrival.  I believe they are pretty big and thick.  Much more than the OEM pads you have now.

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #179 of 803

Fisher Audio FA-003
Brainwavz HM5
J Money (J$)

The J$ pads are no longer made new.  You occasionally find a used pair for about $60 but that's it.  I had a pair, was not impressed compared to Alpha but just my point of view. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back