The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Jun 12, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #2,417 of 3,155
i got rid of my noise cancelling headphones instead.  with custom tips the er4's are more isolating. but i could understand not everyone is willing to live with deeeeep insertion.

Jun 12, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #2,418 of 3,155
  i got rid of my noise cancelling headphones instead.  with custom tips the er4's are more isolating. but i could understand not everyone is willing to live with deeeeep insertion.

My left ear has no problem with the ER4s, but my right ear gets a terrible inner pain after a half hour with any pressure at all against it from even the softest foam or flanges.  The custom mold doesn't hurt so much as just feel too sealed and I can hear every jaw movement and breath, plus it is too hard to insert and remove quickly for when you need to answer a question or listen to something. Perhaps a custom mold that is hard vs the soft one I got and one that doesn't go in so deep or tight, like a shallow light mold maybe.  I am just too cheap to figure that out anymore and just bring my Sony 7520 or T5p with me on the road.  I have been seriously considering the Noble 10 though.

Jun 12, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #2,419 of 3,155
  My left ear has no problem with the ER4s, but my right ear gets a terrible inner pain after a half hour with any pressure at all against it from even the softest foam or flanges.  The custom mold doesn't hurt so much as just feel too sealed and I can hear every jaw movement and breath, plus it is too hard to insert and remove quickly for when you need to answer a question or listen to something. Perhaps a custom mold that is hard vs the soft one I got and one that doesn't go in so deep or tight, like a shallow light mold maybe.  I am just too cheap to figure that out anymore and just bring my Sony 7520 or T5p with me on the road.  I have been seriously considering the Noble 10 though.

yeah, i feel like i'm still figuring out how to insert them properly, and i've had them for a while.  i just got tired of the bose qc's i was lugging around- the er4's make such a small package.  i just use them when i'm travelling - plane or train - and i'm not figuring on conversing much.  otherwise, for portable i use flc8's with comply tips.

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #2,420 of 3,155
FW 2.3.0 is out now. I have tried the gapless and it works great. 

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #2,421 of 3,155
weird; I keep getting this: 

can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

As for gapless, I had no issues even with 2.2.0. 

Jun 15, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #2,422 of 3,155
  weird; I keep getting this: 

can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

As for gapless, I had no issues even with 2.2.0. 

Same problem for me with Banditzip.

Jun 15, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #2,426 of 3,155
Maybe it is something with ibasso's servers. After downloading on the fifth time, it worked flawlessly. didn't try anything different. just downloaded, and if it didnt work, download again. :wink:
I think iBasso's servers sent it partially then stopped or something.
Now, it's fine. Will load into dx90 and hope I'm amazed by iBasso again!

Thank you, iBasso!

Jun 15, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #2,427 of 3,155
Third download and still the error. But the servers seem to ve very busy so I will wait until tomorrow.

Jun 15, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #2,428 of 3,155
NP downloading, unzipping or installing here (from Macbook).

Initial impressions on sound vs 2.2.0.  I don't know if I'm hallucinating, but I think sound overall got better.  It's minor, but it seems cleaner overall and maybe slightly bassier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back