The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Jun 5, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #2,402 of 3,155
Hmm, I see.
And what are the options I have? 
Which batteries you have and also any other member that is willing to share their recommendations? 

I have the Anker 2200 and Anker 4400 plus the stock Pisen. The best are supposed to be specific versions of original Samsung S3 batteries but there are so many fake ones around. Search this or the other DX90 thread, there ar many posts about the various batteries

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #2,403 of 3,155
I have the Anker 2200 and Anker 4400 plus the stock Pisen. The best are supposed to be specific verdions of original Samsung S3 batteries but there are so many fake ones around. Search this or the other DX90 thread, there ar many posts about the various batteries

Thanks!
That's why I haven't considered getting a Samsung S3 ''original''. There are tons of those floating the web (ebay/amazon) but I doubt any of them are originals unless they come in an official Samsung retail packaging. Most of them come in bulk packaging instead and noone can attest their reliability.

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #2,404 of 3,155
There would be no difference in sound. Anker is a great battery fits perfectly. I have not used the Duracell but can't imagine it to beat the Anker which is clearly focused on quality products and at a great price.

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #2,405 of 3,155
  There would be no difference in sound. Anker is a great battery fits perfectly. I have not used the Duracell but can't imagine it to beat the Anker which is clearly focused on quality products and at a great price.

I'm probably going to get an official S3 battery from Samsung. It will cost me double the Anker's price but I'll have my peace of mind...

Jun 6, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #2,406 of 3,155

+1 for the Anker batteries... I always have two spare and they've never let me down :)

Jun 7, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #2,407 of 3,155
Finally got into the Rockbox code and my wheels are spinning.  I have fixed the sensitivity issue and added a debounce filter to touches.  I have also improved the general timing of key repeat and context menu selection to make them feel less of an accident.  I am now working on fixing a few other bugs I found like left arrows to scroll up in a list doesn't seem to auto-repeat.  Does anyone else notice this issue that using left arrow button to go up in a list and you hold it down and it doesn't scroll?  Basic cleanup of the button handling and touchscreen code.

Jun 7, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #2,408 of 3,155
Hello, I just noticed that my screen is turned on after I pressed the power button during playback. The screen just turns to black and not "off". its not evident under bright locations but I always listen in my room with the lights off and I see the screen glowing.  I compared it with the device turned off and the screen doesn't glow like it does during playback but with the screen off. Is it just me or is it the same for every DX90? I feel the battery draining more than it should because of this. I'm on stock 2.20 BTW.

Jun 7, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #2,409 of 3,155
could be just doesn't turn the backlight off and yeah in that case you would still be burning a ton of juice.  Would be nice to see a power breakdown of exactly where all the power is going on this thing with both oem and rockbox firmware.  i bet we can improve it dramatically.

Jun 8, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #2,410 of 3,155
Hello, I just noticed that my screen is turned on after I pressed the power button during playback. The screen just turns to black and not "off". its not evident under bright locations but I always listen in my room with the lights off and I see the screen glowing.  I compared it with the device turned off and the screen doesn't glow like it does during playback but with the screen off. Is it just me or is it the same for every DX90? I feel the battery draining more than it should because of this. I'm on stock 2.20 BTW.

It's a bug. If you set brightness to 0 it does not turn off. Set it to 1 and it's fine

Jun 9, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #2,412 of 3,155
Using new rockbox with touchscreen fixes
beerchug.gif

Jun 10, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #2,413 of 3,155
Jun 12, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #2,415 of 3,155
I had a 1 hour train ride today. Used my new DX-90 (v 2.2.0 official FW) Line Out -> Cayin C5 (Low Gain, No Bass Boost) -> ER4S and listened to Metallica's Through the Never album on Gapless.

Whoa! No muddy bass, very good instrumental separation, could feel James Hetfield's adrenaline rush, WOW. I kind of get why Etymotic Research says that these are 92% accurate. I'm not sure they are really 90%, someone can share more on that, but I really love the way these sound for recorded performances. :)

Thanks for reading, and thanks to all these companies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back