The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Feb 24, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #2,102 of 3,155
JDS LABS has the shortest one I've seen. I bought three of them,5 dollars a peice.

I make mine any length I want. . . 

---------------------

I looked up Massdrop. So who supplies the product when you get enough people to commit? What supplier? 

Feb 24, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #2,103 of 3,155
I make mine any length I want. . . 

---------------------

I looked up Massdrop. So who supplies the product when you get enough people to commit? What supplier? 

A rep from massdrop works directly with the manufactures. They had a drop with Audioengine for the A5+ and sold over 1000 sets of speakers

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #2,108 of 3,155
Guys, I am having some weird things happen with my DX90. It just plays whatever songs it darn well pleases.  I have set the play sequence to "order", but sometimes it just skips around, not random, playing things I played in the past.  I have deleted playlist over and over, thinking that is what it is using, some playlist that I have not made.  In fact, I don't know how to make a play list at all.  I tried touching that plus on the upper right hand side of the screen, and that takes me to playlist, but never seems to add that song nor album.  Not a big deal, I prefer to pick and choose and tell it what to play and when I want to play it. 
Wish it would do that!!!
Then yesterday it would not play but one song at a time.  I had to push the next button to get another song, just one song then stop.
I changed the play order, and changed it back to order.  I turned off the puppy and turned it back on again, not sure what I did, stop playing alternative music and go with rock and roll????? because it finally started playing each song in order again.
I am wondering when the new firmware update will come out, and IF it might sort out this problem?
Funny thing is, I never read of any of the rest of you having this problem?
Any help would be appreciated, I am pretty new at this DAP stuff.
Thanks and God Bless, 
Wayne

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #2,109 of 3,155
Guys, I am having some weird things happen with my DX90. It just plays whatever songs it darn well pleases.  I have set the play sequence to "order", but sometimes it just skips around, not random, playing things I played in the past.  I have deleted playlist over and over, thinking that is what it is using, some playlist that I have not made.  In fact, I don't know how to make a play list at all.  I tried touching that plus on the upper right hand side of the screen, and that takes me to playlist, but never seems to add that song nor album.  Not a big deal, I prefer to pick and choose and tell it what to play and when I want to play it. 
Wish it would do that!!!
Then yesterday it would not play but one song at a time.  I had to push the next button to get another song, just one song then stop.
I changed the play order, and changed it back to order.  I turned off the puppy and turned it back on again, not sure what I did, stop playing alternative music and go with rock and roll????? because it finally started playing each song in order again.
I am wondering when the new firmware update will come out, and IF it might sort out this problem?
Funny thing is, I never read of any of the rest of you having this problem?
Any help would be appreciated, I am pretty new at this DAP stuff.
Thanks and God Bless, 
Wayne

My DX50 did something similar, playing random tracks even though the settings were correct. Until the new firmware comes try these steps. (all of them)

1) reinstall the firmware
2) do a factory reset
3) delete the album info folder on both the internal memory and SD card.
4) rescan the card. (let it rebuild)

See if that helps, until maybe someone else can chime in.

Mar 8, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #2,110 of 3,155
My DX50 did something similar, playing random tracks even though the settings were correct. Until the new firmware comes try these steps. (all of them)

1) reinstall the firmware
2) do a factory reset
3) delete the album info folder on both the internal memory and SD card.
4) rescan the card. (let it rebuild)

See if that helps, until maybe someone else can chime in.

Please also note that there is a playback option in "settings." make sure it is set to "order."

Mar 8, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #2,111 of 3,155
Anybody have experience with the DX90 and Grado PS500e or Alclair RSM Quads? Any feedback is appreciated!

Mar 9, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #2,113 of 3,155
New firmware 218: http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX90Firmware%20V2.1.8,%20Mar%207th,%202015.zip

Mar 10, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #2,114 of 3,155
Thanks Guys,
Anyone try the new firmware yet?  I am still with Lurker's and a little hesitant to try the new one until someone else tries it and says it is better!
What the heck, I guess I could always load it and go back to the Lurker FW if I don't like the new one as much?
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne

Mar 10, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #2,115 of 3,155
  Thanks Guys,
Anyone try the new firmware yet?  I am still with Lurker's and a little hesitant to try the new one until someone else tries it and says it is better!
What the heck, I guess I could always load it and go back to the Lurker FW if I don't like the new one as much?
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne

I will says it is better. More body on vocal and more smoothness for the overall sound. Some say 2.1.8 has better musicality too.

You may visit this thread for more feedback >> http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-fw-2-1-5-lurker0-fw-mod-new-fw-2-1-8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back