The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Feb 16, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #2,086 of 3,155

I looked into that but for $60 I can get a brand new one with the full warranty. What's really holding me back is that I keep looking at how nice the AK100ii is, I really like how it looks.

i hope you don't pick your women on how they sound
tongue.gif

get the dx90, save that money for women who look nice
biggrin.gif

regarding the synergy thing , my K3003 sound fantastic (they 'd better be for their price
tongue.gif
) and i also enjoy the RE-272 very much which are now my 'go outside' iem (and which was my fav iem until the K3003 came into the picture)

the re600/re262 sounded good but i wasn't crazy and i sold them both after getting the K3

Feb 16, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #2,087 of 3,155

i hope you don't pick your women on how they sound
tongue.gif

get the dx90, save that money for women who look nice
biggrin.gif

regarding the synergy thing , my K3003 sound fantastic (they 'd better be for their price
tongue.gif
) and i also enjoy the RE-272 very much which are now my 'go outside' iem (and which was my fav iem until the K3003 came into the picture)

the re600/re262 sounded good but i wasn't crazy and i sold them both after getting the K3

Funny I don't pick any woman out, I have no standards anymore I am divorced with two teenage daughters living with me. Woman have to meet my kids approval first, if the kids aren't happy they can make my life hell kind of like Happy Wife Happy Life.

Feb 16, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #2,088 of 3,155

Funny I don't pick any woman out, I have no standards anymore I am divorced with two teenage daughters living with me. Woman have to meet my kids approval first, if the kids aren't happy they can make my life hell kind of like Happy Wife Happy Life.

it was just a joke - you know music that looks good and women who sound good (nvm)

anyway, sorry if i offended you - no such thinking when i wrote my joke

cheers
biggrin.gif

ps : get the dx90
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #2,089 of 3,155

it was just a joke - you know music that looks good and women who sound good (nvm)

anyway, sorry if i offended you - no such thinking when i wrote my joke

cheers
biggrin.gif

ps : get the dx90
tongue.gif

Yeah I know it was a joke that's way they invented brown shopping bags, and it's all the same with the lights off anyway. If you don't like the way she sounds just make sure you use closed back headphones. I am going to get the DX90 after months of over thinking it.

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #2,091 of 3,155

Yes! Lots of new IEM to play with.

SE535 and DN-1000 are mine (to keep) but DN-2000 is just an extended home audition (but for quite a while) 
biggrin.gif
 I still haven't tried SE535 with DX90 but from what different sources I have I can see how they may cause much confusion amongst the community. Many sources make them sound anything from congested, dark, confused, withheld, and quite subdued. But there is one source here which I'd read about beforehand makes 535 sound nice, Cowon J3. (which I will keep them with)

For example, I tried SE535 with the Tralucent DacAmp One and it was just a no go, didn't like it at all. When using the right source though, I quite like them. As for the Dunu DN-1000 and DX90 that pairing is quite up there when you consider the total cost of both player and IEM combined. 

I also own the SE535 and DN-1000 and I am rediscovering all of my iems. As I said earlier my ifi amp hooked to my Playstation4 headphone out is magical. I was only listening with my AKG 702 Annies and was wowed by the sound. Add to that the ifi amp has the 3D switch and the bass boost. Add to THAT, the playstation has the music unlimited program with high quality streaming with almost every artist and every album they ever made. It occurred to me to listen to my Noble4 on this setup and they are amazing. I haven't listened to SE 535 in years and even THEY sound good on it. Never thought I would use the Playstation more for music than  for playing games, but that is currently the case.

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #2,094 of 3,155
  If money is no issue which player would you get. dx90 or ak100 mark 2?

I have been looking at the same to players I was ready to buy the DX90 then I came across the Nova N1 brand new for $80. I know it's not even close in the same class as the other 2 but for the price couldn't pass it up. I am still going back and forth on the DX90 and Ak. The DX90 is probably the one I am going with though.

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #2,095 of 3,155
  If money is no issue which player would you get. dx90 or ak100 mark 2?

I found the DX90 to equal and to better in some respects the AK120 (not the AK120 II). I'm positive the DX90 will better the AK100 mk2 (note not AK100 II). This is only in sound quality so maybe the sound signature of the AK100 mk2, the UI, as well as aesthetics may appeal more to you. 

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #2,097 of 3,155
My DX90 has started to sound really good and I added an amp (E12) to help with low volume oomph.  I was hoping someone could point me in the direction where I can get quality yet affordable (< $100) mini to mini cables in very short lengths, like that which is supplied with the Fiio E12 amp.  I'm not even sure what to google... "LOD"  ??

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #2,098 of 3,155
My DX90 has started to sound really good and I added an amp (E12) to help with low volume oomph.  I was hoping someone could point me in the direction where I can get quality yet affordable (< $100) mini to mini cables in very short lengths, like that which is supplied with the Fiio E12 amp.  I'm not even sure what to google... "LOD"  ??
Try Lavri cables in Audiogon very affordable and great sounding pure silver cables.
I think he quoted me about $60 for a mini to mini cable.

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #2,099 of 3,155

People are going to give you a few options, we all have our cable makers by choice and favourites. I will give you mine.

You can find info and his eBay account in this thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/693970/comparing-amp-interconnect-silver-upgrades-silver-gold-basic-by-onest11

Keep in mind you can order any custom length you like, jacks etc.

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #2,100 of 3,155

JDS LABS has the shortest one I've seen. I bought three of them,5 dollars a peice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back