The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Nov 4, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #1,846 of 3,155
We'll see but I believe those files weren't and aren't being used. Lurker removed some unneeded overhead, that iBasso may have been required to keep by license, to free up resources and possibly lower noise. I think the sigs will get closer, as we're all accustomed to lurker clean
smile.gif
, but still maintain some differences.

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #1,847 of 3,155
Once again, any help on settings for the digital filter?
Also, how to delete/remove songs from my playlist?  I see how to add them, but not how to delete them.
Thanks for any help here, I am a total noob to DAPs, really any music not on a disc of some sort.
God Bless

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #1,849 of 3,155
  Once again, any help on settings for the digital filter?
Also, how to delete/remove songs from my playlist?  I see how to add them, but not how to delete them.
Thanks for any help here, I am a total noob to DAPs, really any music not on a disc of some sort.
God Bless

to delete, go to playlist, theres a square icon there, tap it. there's  a delete option for it.

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #1,850 of 3,155
Thanks Wolfen68,
I cannot hear ANY difference when I just toggle back and forth while playing music.
I thought there might be a reason this is on there and one better use than another for different situations or music.
I too have it set to SLOW, because, that is what I am!
Thanks Pinoyman,
That did it, thanks.
You guys are helpful on here, much appreciated.
I am still breaking this puppy in, perhaps 250 hours on it now.
I am waiting to see if I can hear any advantage in sound from the breakin.  Probably with my ears and my iems I will not, but I always figure every little bit might help.
It sounds great to me so far.
I showed a fellow audiophile, but he did not have any iems or cans with him and I was not gonna share ear wax with him.  He loved the look, the weight, the solid feel/build quality of the DX90 just seemed to blow him away.  He became very interested and promised to bring iems with him next time.
God Bless

Nov 8, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #1,853 of 3,155
Going back and forth and getting excellent results with a 3D type of imaging on the Lurker FW on 2.1.5. Great stuff. 

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #1,854 of 3,155
It actually takes a little while for the sound to change in effect of changing the roll-off settings. if you switch back and ford quickly then the sound is not changing at all. The sharp roll-off sounds cleaner to me that's why I prefer it to my IEM's. For Big cans I prefer the slow roll-off which tends to extend the nuisances.

Nov 9, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #1,855 of 3,155
Trying 2.1.5 lurker this few days.. Can't stand the fake 3d presentation. And too much siblance on the high. Btw m using TG334 . going back to 2.1 lurker.

Nov 10, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #1,856 of 3,155
Trying 2.1.5 lurker this few days.. Can't stand the fake 3d presentation. And too much siblance on the high. Btw m using TG334 . going back to 2.1 lurker.

You will be pleased to know that Lurker just released an updated 2.1.5 in the other DX90 thread, it fixes most of the fake 3D sound which are just distortions, but it keeps the superior separation of 2.1.5 and improves it with blacker back round as well as more detail and a smoother sound due to less distortions!

Nov 10, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #1,857 of 3,155
You will be pleased to know that Lurker just released an updated 2.1.5 in the other DX90 thread, it fixes most of the fake 3D sound which are just distortions, but it keeps the superior separation of 2.1.5 and improves it with blacker back round as well as more detail and a smoother sound due to less distortions!

Thanks for informing and thanks lurker again for the hard work

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #1,859 of 3,155
I found the cayin c5 amp to be an excellent pairing

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #1,860 of 3,155
What is the best portable amp to pair with DX90?

Unless you have hard to drive phones or want a different sound flavour don't bother. I only use my SR-71B because I already had it and all my phones are balanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back