THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Nov 6, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #2,387 of 3,874
As a diy-er try to think a little more creative: 
foam-pipe-insulation1.jpg

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #2,388 of 3,874
Yes indeed the insulation would work fine. I guess I am just not a fan of steel pipe. :D

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #2,391 of 3,874
Here are the headphone stands I made the last summer.

This was the first one. Yes, you are right, it's a copy of Woo Audio aluminum stand. Just wanted to make something by hands, instead of buying. So I found pretty simple design stand and decided to make a wooden copy. Here is the result:

The next I decided to make a stand, that could hold up to three headphones at least. I've had a pair of oak stair balusters, similar to these:

The square parts were used for the base and the top of stand. Twisted rods were used as the columns. Surface was finished with 100% pure tung oil to show the beauty of the oak wood. It took about a month to completely dry, but the result worth it.

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #2,394 of 3,874
TrollDragon, it's not so hard, you just need patience and time.
I know... its the patience part that I have trouble with. :D

Nov 9, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #2,395 of 3,874
  Not perfect, but hey, I tried. 
smily_headphones1.gif

It was completed in under one hour, so I just used what I could find around the house to form this junkyard monster. (Sorry about the crappy glue job!)

interesting but i get the feeling from it that i'm playing cricket somehow.

Nov 10, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #2,400 of 3,874
Here's a Headphone stand I just made today. I looked through this entire thread looking for some ideas and found a little stand that was originally used to hold small flowers or plants in the basement that I took apart and made into a stand. It's my first attempt at trying to create a headphone stand and I don't have a lot of woodworking tools at my disposal. Anyway, here is what I came up with...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back