THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Sep 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #2,101 of 3,874

I made a concept render of a render of a stand that I designed. I hope to have it built sometime soon! If it isn't clear, the top piece of wood is held up by a 1/4" sheet of glass, I realized after I'd rendered it that it was at a bad angle.

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #2,102 of 3,874
look in to make my own soon, lots of cool ideas here :)

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #2,103 of 3,874
I swear I have found the cheapest banana hangers ever. I was initially looking at bed, bath, and beyond and linen&things and only found ones that were either $20 or broken. So I went over to Walmart and looked around their kitchen section. Guess what I found for $5. This has to be the cheapest stand around. The quality is even better than the ones I found at bb&b and lnt. For anyone who doesnt have a stand yet you now have no excuse.

BTW, this was at a supercenter so I'm not 100% certain that the smaller ones carry these. For $5 my pricey headphones don't have to rest on my desk anymore.
myzV

Sep 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #2,104 of 3,874
I swear I have found the cheapest banana hangers ever. I was initially looking at bed, bath, and beyond and linen&things and only found ones that were either $20 or broken. So I went over to Walmart and looked around their kitchen section. Guess what I found for $5. This has to be the cheapest stand around. The quality is even better than the ones I found at bb&b and lnt. For anyone who doesnt have a stand yet you now have no excuse.

BTW, this was at a supercenter so I'm not 100% certain that the smaller ones carry these. For $5 my pricey headphones don't have to rest on my desk anymore.
myzV
Not the cheapest but definitely good. :) Someone mentioned it waaaay back years ago in this thread and I went out and found a pair for the same price myself. I slightly modded mine, I didn't like the way the stand marked the headband so I found a round knob, drilled out a hole into the stand and screwed it in. You can kinda see it here in the back with the HD600s on them. And a 3M hook on the side for the cable.

Sep 7, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #2,105 of 3,874
Built mine from some scraps I had around. Designed with the future in mind :wink: can handle up to 6 sets of cans if needed (only set up for 4 right now).

Used small square dowel rods and drove them with a hammer through the holes in the rack cross piece. Then wrapped para cord arounf them to pad the head bands/protect them from the wood. Thicker section at the end of each to keep the headphones from falling off :D

Pretty simple project only took about 2-3 hrs to mark, cut, assemble and clean up :)

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #2,106 of 3,874
Built mine from some scraps I had around. Designed with the future in mind
wink.gif
can handle up to 6 sets of cans if needed (only set up for 4 right now).

Used small square dowel rods and drove them with a hammer through the holes in the rack cross piece. Then wrapped para cord arounf them to pad the head bands/protect them from the wood. Thicker section at the end of each to keep the headphones from falling off
biggrin.gif

Pretty simple project only took about 2-3 hrs to mark, cut, assemble and clean up
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice job!

Very creative!

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #2,107 of 3,874
I made a concept render of a render of a stand that I designed. I hope to have it built sometime soon! If it isn't clear, the top piece of wood is held up by a 1/4" sheet of glass, I realized after I'd rendered it that it was at a bad angle.

Awesome man looks like an improved version of audio technicas stand:

What program did you use?  You might want to use acrylic and map gas to make the cut sides look smooth and transparent, it'd be cheaper and a lot easier if you have access to map gas.  I posted renders (much crappier) of a concept I had months ago. Unfortunately I never got around to finishing it now it's just sitting in a corner 90% done lol.

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #2,110 of 3,874
  What program did you use?  You might want to use acrylic and map gas to make the cut sides look smooth and transparent, it'd be cheaper and a lot easier if you have access to map gas. 

I used Blender (http://blender.org) to model and render it. I may make a re-render now that I have the materials, and know the dimensions. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any acrylic of the right size. Also, i'm just a senior in high school, so I don't have access to MAPP gas. :frowning2: If i did, it'd be a no brainer to use acryllic. Does anyone have any hints on how to make the glass stay in place in the groove? I suspect that I'll have issues with that. I also couldn't find plexi of the right size, which was annoying.

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #2,113 of 3,874
Sanded and painted an old chopping block from the kitchen.  Added 2 steel rods and drawer knobs.  Headphone stand, done.

Very nice!
You sir have a great talent!
:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back