THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Aug 13, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #2,056 of 3,874
Took me 2 weeks but the product is well worth the effort spent.  Hope to put this up on Amazon as soon as I can squeeze a power/electricity outlet inside this rig to allow easier charging of our DAP and amps.  

Aug 13, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #2,060 of 3,874
Quote:
Looks like a artistic monster statute. Love it.
smily_headphones1.gif
How do you make the curved headband rest? Need something for my stand. biting into the padding.

Power saw and sander, sir.

Aug 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #2,061 of 3,874
Quote:
Power saw and sander, sir.

That is really something, any idea's on the price yet? As you mentioned selling it on Amazon! 

Aug 13, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #2,062 of 3,874
Quote:
That is really something, any idea's on the price yet? As you mentioned selling it on Amazon! 

Not yet.  Still working out the issue of universality.  It should be able to hold a triple-decker as ably as it does a double-stack.  And I still have to add a pull-out slide for 2 electrical sockets.  Estimated time of completion will be around 2 weeks as I can only work on this during weekends. Thanks for your interest and inquiry sir.

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #2,064 of 3,874
Quote:
Took me 2 weeks but the product is well worth the effort spent.  Hope to put this up on Amazon as soon as I can squeeze a power/electricity outlet inside this rig to allow easier charging of our DAP and amps.  

A venerable work of Art!
Bravo!

Personally I'd probably forget about the AC outlet inside as you would have to get it safety certified if you incorporate any Mains type outlets and wish to sell it as a product.
If anyone ever got shocked or it caught fire, you would never get out from under the lawsuit... just my 2 cents.

That is why mostly all these things come with a power brick, all you have to do is buy an approved brick and it's not an issue anymore with your device.

And I am absolutely loving the Hose Clamp on the Interconnect...
(Dont show that in the Pictures of your Portable Rig thread, there are a few there that would profess the sonic enhancement of gear type hose clamps over compression fit...) 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #2,065 of 3,874
Quote:
here is my share again. made another FS TYP Room and omega

Very Nice!
I hate you people that can work in wood... 
tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #2,066 of 3,874
Quote:
A venerable work of Art!
Bravo!

Personally I'd probably forget about the AC outlet inside as you would have to get it safety certified if you incorporate any Mains type outlets and wish to sell it as a product.
If anyone ever got shocked or it caught fire, you would never get out from under the lawsuit... just my 2 cents.

That is why mostly all these things come with a power brick, all you have to do is buy an approved brick and it's not an issue anymore with your device.

And I am absolutely loving the Hose Clamp on the Interconnect...
(Dont show that in the Pictures of your Portable Rig thread, there are a few there that would profess the sonic enhancement of gear type hose clamps over compression fit...) 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Ah hahahaha... Thank you for the heads up sir.  The hose clamp is temporary until I can have the shrinkable rubber replaced. It is loose and stands the risk of flapping.  I intend to use a Viablue plug so that the fat VanDenHul cable can be inserted deeply into the barrel.

And also, thank you for your suggestion regarding the power sockets.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #2,069 of 3,874
Quote:

Hi guys, 

This is my first headphone stand that I have fabricated using 8mm Acrylic and all edges have been polished to a shine. Really like the X1 while it's on the stand 
gs1000.gif

Very nice, 

I have actually started reaseraching and planning a Head Phone Case Build! Giong to use a Portable File Case Holder, as it's the perfect size. In addition I'm planning on Filling that Tax Case Holder with some Foaming Seat padding, need to find a good adhesive that can cover a large area so I can attach padding to the entire inside, about 4 suqare feet, as the Case holder is big enough for 8.5 x 11 sheets about 6 inches of them so really it is totally perfect. My biggest headphones my Ath w1000x are only about 4 inches wide at thier widest point. So as soon as I can find a good adhesive I plan to move onto the next step of this custom headphone case build! 

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #2,070 of 3,874
Quote:
Hi guys, 

This is my first headphone stand that I have fabricated using 8mm Acrylic and all edges have been polished to a shine. Really like the X1 while it's on the stand 
gs1000.gif

Very Nice!
I hate people who can work in Acrylic even more than I hate people who can work with wood... 
tongue_smile.gif

biggrin.gif

wink_face.gif

Well Done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back