THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Mar 17, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #1,757 of 3,874
I thought about putting a holder under my desk, until I realized I'd probably kick them all the time. 

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #1,759 of 3,874
I got inspired by this thread and cranked this out this weekend. Total cost $7, wood base from Michaels ( I had scrap wood laying around but I liked the finished edges of this piece and don't have a router to do it myself, and this piece was only$1.49)...2ft of 1.5 inch pvc ($4 at Home Depot)...wood disc to cap the ends $1.50. The stain and spray paint I had already from other projects. Total time not including shopping and drying was less than 1 hour.
[/IMG]

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #1,760 of 3,874
Quote:
I got inspired by this thread and cranked this out this weekend. Total cost $7, wood base from Michaels ( I had scrap wood laying around but I liked the finished edges of this piece and don't have a router to do it myself, and this piece was only$1.49)...2ft of 1.5 inch pvc ($4 at Home Depot)...wood disc to cap the ends $1.50. The stain and spray paint I had already from other projects. Total time not including shopping and drying was less than 1 hour.

This is great. I love that you gave exact details on where you get the materials and the price. 

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #1,761 of 3,874
I've been following this thread for quite a long time in search for inspiration. Being a bass player, i thought it could be useful for me to have within hand's reach both headphones and amplifier's inputs such instrument and aux in, so i tried to reply the amplifier's input in the headphone stand.

The work is now quite done, so i'll keep you up to date with pictures as soon as the upload pictures feature will become available for my profile.

P.S.: I'm from Italy, so please excuse me for eventual english errors.

Luca

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #1,762 of 3,874
Hey guys, some really creative stuff here! Great job! Here's one I made.
I was particularly inspired by a cardboard design that was posted in this forum a while back :) I spent $0 other than the tools I already had.

Nothing special, I tried to keep it as cheap and minimal as possible. Could have gone for a more elaborate design but I made it simple to complement the headphones, not overpower them.
I added a slot at the front for my iPod Touch, one at the back for anything else (eg. earphones, amp etc), another for the cable. Oh and a crude looking hole for the 6.3mm adaptor lol

Afraid it would fall sideways, I kept it relatively short. But to my surprise it's actually really sturdy so I could have made it taller after all. Oh well maybe next time. I made it specifically for my current equipment, so I'll just make another stand if new ones wont fit.

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #1,763 of 3,874
Quote:
Hey guys, some really creative stuff here! Great job! Here's one I made.
I was particularly inspired by a cardboard design that was posted in this forum a while back :) I spent $0 other than the tools I already had.

Nothing special, I tried to keep it as cheap and minimal as possible. Could have gone for a more elaborate design but I made it simple to complement the headphones, not overpower them.
I added a slot at the front for my iPod Touch, one at the back for anything else (eg. earphones, amp etc), another for the cable. Oh and a crude looking hole for the 6.3mm adaptor lol

Afraid it would fall sideways, I kept it relatively short. But to my surprise it's actually really sturdy so I could have made it taller after all. Oh well maybe next time. I made it specifically for my current equipment, so I'll just make another stand if new ones wont fit.

Found materials? Check. Cheap? Check. Minimalistic? Check. Functional? Check. Good looking? Check and check. 

Great design doesn't look super stable, but I think it'll do.

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #1,764 of 3,874
Thanks
bigsmile_face.gif

edit: Just bought an MDR-1R, can't wait till it arrives... but I wonder how it will look on this stand lol. I don't think it will look as good as with the HD449. Might have to design a new one.

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #1,766 of 3,874
Some ideas borrowed and some new. I picked up a banana holder and tacked on a 3M brushed nickel hook to the side for the cable holder. Got 3 kitchen cabinet door hooks that I found for $3-4 each at Home Depot, straightened them up and attached to my desk with some magnets. 1 is above the dac/amp stack for the hps in use. Dac/Amp tray is made with a wire meshed letter holder bent in shape with some gel footpads to keep them stable.

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #1,767 of 3,874
Mug holder.

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #1,768 of 3,874
Quote:
I got inspired by this thread and cranked this out this weekend. Total cost $7, wood base from Michaels ( I had scrap wood laying around but I liked the finished edges of this piece and don't have a router to do it myself, and this piece was only$1.49)...2ft of 1.5 inch pvc ($4 at Home Depot)...wood disc to cap the ends $1.50. The stain and spray paint I had already from other projects. Total time not including shopping and drying was less than 1 hour. [attach]807548[/attach][attach]807565[/attach][/quote]

Nice work JMACK45! Looks good!  It's amazing what one can do for a few bucks with a little thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back