THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Feb 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #1,699 of 3,874
Quote:

I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

No worries, I'm setting the bar pretty low with this...

cd spindle held up with a twist tie to a stack of boxes (previously thumbtacked into the wall)

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #1,700 of 3,874
Quote:

I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

You're starting to grate on my nerves. 
size]

Pretty creative, though.  Let's just hope you don't end up grating the velour off of your AKG pads, though.  I'd have to have some velour mixed in with the grated cheddar in the Mac n' Cheese.

Feb 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #1,702 of 3,874
just finished reading this entire thread through the course of about 3 days. But during that while, I've been in the processing of making an omega style headphone stand with built in DIY O2 amp. I'm in the process of staining and finishing so hopefully picutres to come!

Feb 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #1,703 of 3,874
Nice!
Going to be sweet.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 23, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #1,704 of 3,874
Quote:

No worries, I'm setting the bar pretty low with this...

cd spindle held up with a twist tie to a stack of boxes (previously thumbtacked into the wall)

You gave me the idea to leave the plastic cover on, which adds stability and actual surface area for a headphone band to settle in a normal posture.
Then I one up'd my one up with the front cut out for cable storage. Will I use them, No. But mounted to wood or something more stable I could see using it.
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #1,706 of 3,874
Quote:

Then I one up'd my one up with the front cut out for cable storage. Will I use them, No. But mounted to wood or something more stable I could see using it.
tongue_smile.gif

You know... instead of cutting the top off, I'd cut a hole/notch at the bottom of the plastic cover. Then I could wrap the cables up inside the cover and dangle the cord out, snap the cover into place, put the headphones on top... voila!

Feb 24, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #1,707 of 3,874
I've not read all 112 pages, but have you seen this?

http://www.ikeahackers.net/2008/08/quality-headphone-stand-for-cheap.html

toilet roll holder, seems ideal

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #1,709 of 3,874
I've not read all 112 pages, but have you seen this?

http://www.ikeahackers.net/2008/08/quality-headphone-stand-for-cheap.html

toilet roll holder, seems ideal
ha i was considering buying that at ikea the other day when i went there and i didnt even see that link lol. But if you mount it on a wall its going to be too close to the wall for most headphones nad your headphones are going to touch and get sfratched on the wall. Of course if you modify it it could work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back