THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Sep 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #1,336 of 3,874
Yes that one is the Dero D560. There is also the D1000 elsewhere in my room.
The red one is the Music People, yes, with the guts of that brown HP-2 as you know. I didn't post pictures yet but I split the original headband in two. It doesn't go nearly as far apart as HD25's but that was essentially the idea to split the support area to distinct locations.

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #1,337 of 3,874
I am looking for headphone stands like the famous ROOMs Audio Line series but they're quite expansive at 80-120 Euros... models I would like right now are those:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/rooms_audio_typ_fs_s_headphone_stand.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/rooms_audio_typ_iii_n_headphone_stand.htm

Anyone knows of any other company that makes some at a more reasonable price, like for example the ones they make at The Wooden Shop (http://thewoodenshop.com/) (45 USD). The guy at Wooden Shop said he's working on some other models but maybe some other companies make wooden stands and have a certain variety of models to choose from...

Sep 9, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #1,338 of 3,874
i was thinking about building a headphone stand myself, but i walked into my garage and stumbled upon a brass doorstop. i bolted that to my desk, and away i went. i will post pictures tomorrow.

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #1,339 of 3,874
Here it is... solid aluminum.  took no special skills just sand paper and a drill press or lathe to make the holes. 
Can't decide if I want to polish it.. I kind of like it as it is.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #1,340 of 3,874
Nice job 00birdy!
I'd shine it right up but that's just me.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Sep 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #1,342 of 3,874
As a born and bred Marylander, your stand makes me want crabs...

Sep 14, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #1,343 of 3,874
Quote:
As a born and bred Marylander, your stand makes me want crabs...

Then there's a good chance you already have what you want.  

Quote:
Here it is... solid aluminum.  took no special skills just sand paper and a drill press or lathe to make the holes. 
Can't decide if I want to polish it.. I kind of like it as it is.

Where did you source these?  

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #1,344 of 3,874
It might be hard to tell from the pictures, but I bent a coat hanger around a support under my desk. The clearance in between the support and the glass of the desk allows the hanger to slot through. Any weight put down on the hanger is sent up to the underside of the desk, with that front of the support acting as a pivot, and the back of the support, where the hanger catches on, prevents it from falling off.

As you can see, I have cables running all over the place.

With my sock modded Superlux HD662F. (side note, I don't like putting strain on the padding of the headband of headphones in general,as it leaves an imprint, but I have modded the headband so that it is as far up as it can go, maxed out by the metal bands along the top.)

Man, my desk looks cluttered, and all of these amazing designs make my make shift stand look like crap, but it is pretty darn effective. I have had two hanging comfortably on there at once.

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #1,349 of 3,874
Quote:

Then there's a good chance you already have what you want.  

Where did you source these?  

www.speedymetals.com , cost around $25-35 depending on the diameter.   Almost the same as the cheap chinese plastic.
theres a few other sites too but speedy has a ton of selection and you can get very specific sizes.

thanks everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back