THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Aug 17, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #1,307 of 3,874
Quote:

beerchug.gif

aylabet!

lol

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #1,308 of 3,874
Another headphone stand that I made based on a design I saw here... It came out alright for my first go. 

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #1,311 of 3,874
Quote:
Man! looks really nice, I am betting it could be made cheaper than that, could even put some lighting in the base so the acrylic lights up 
atsmile.gif

Then get to it... 
wink_face.gif

I'd like to see an engraved mfg logo (say like Ultrasone...) light up in the middle of the acrylic!

beerchug.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #1,313 of 3,874
Quote:

confused_face.gif
 Did your posts get deleted?  I can't seem to find any pictures of the Omega clones you made earlier in this thread.

It does look like his posts were deleted. Wonder why. 
confused_face.gif

Anyways, you can always check his profile for pics of his work.

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #1,314 of 3,874
Quote:
Is yakiboy an original headphone stand designer or just a copycat of Sieveking Sound Omega and ROOM`s Audio?

Might have something to do with this user maybe? He is tagged as a Member of the Trade, and that's his only public post. 
Also this probably shouldn't be talked about... as there will always be a problem with selling replicas of commercial product, even if it is just for cost of materials and shipping.

beerchug.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #1,315 of 3,874
Quote:

Might have something to do with this user maybe? He is tagged as a Member of the Trade, and that's his only public post. 
Also this probably shouldn't be talked about... as there will always be a problem with selling replicas of commercial product, even if it is just for cost of materials and shipping.

beerchug.gif

Why would that be a problem? No different than offering your services modifying x headphone, right?

I am going to guess Yaki being a MOT, he can't post photos of his work in this thread....

Since I posted a photo of my stand built by him. (Yaki)

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #1,316 of 3,874
Quote:
Why would that be a problem? No different than offering your services modifying x headphone, right?

I am going to guess Yaki being a MOT, he can't post photos of his work in this thread....

Since I posted a photo of my stand built by him. (Yaki)

Modding a headphone, and selling a replica trademarked product are two totally different things. I have no problem with either personally but some mfg's tend to have different views on the subject. On Sieveking's site they state "The Omega's design has been granted a design trademark by the European Union already." and warn about clones out of China...

But your are probably right about him being a MotT and not allowed to post his work here...

It's still a damn nice stand!
beerchug.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #1,317 of 3,874
Quote:
Modding a headphone, and selling a replica trademarked product are two totally different things. I have no problem with either personally but some mfg's tend to have different views on the subject. On Sieveking's site they state "The Omega's design has been granted a design trademark by the European Union already." and warn about clones out of China...

But your are probably right about him being a MotT and not allowed to post his work here...

It's still a damn nice stand!
beerchug.gif

Interesting. I think Sieveking was referring to Chinese replicas being passed off as the Omega stand. Yaki doesn't do this.
So...

Sometime I think the MOT rules should be reevaluated. But yea, my stand should be shipping very soon. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #1,318 of 3,874
Finally got around to making a headphone stand...

The base is oak, the upright is pine, the hangers are made of 1" conduit covered in heat shrink, held in with a piece of all-thread.  I haven't stained/painted it yet, not sure what I want to do...

Aug 31, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #1,320 of 3,874
Here is the finished "Dual Omega" Yaki made.

I am horrible at taking pictures. I'll take a few more
when I get my headphones back from being hardwired.

Yaki did a great job, stand is very nicely built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back