THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Apr 21, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #1,142 of 3,874
They're Stax Lambda's (electrostat's).  From the color, I'd wager a guess to 407's.  

May 3, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #1,146 of 3,874
Just make these 

http://lifehacker.com/5907090/machook-hangs-your-headphones-on-your-macs-display

May 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #1,147 of 3,874
Quote:
My new Design for headphone stands.

This design was inspired by an old piece of Japanese Architecture. I have tried many different variations on this shape, but I like this the best. This has been painted the colors of the origional piece, however I can also use exotic woods with this design.

It's very sturdy, and holds the headphones very nicely. Can hold up to two full sized headphones eaisly, or three small size headphones. The wings are curved to keep the headphones from slipping off the ends.

I'm donating two of my prototypes to the Boston/NE head-fi meet. I'm very happy with this design, so I'm teaching my dad how to make these for him to sell.

The most awesome of all...

May 21, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #1,148 of 3,874
Yet another $20 Pier One glass head.  I found a coloring changing LED base that fits into the bottom of the head for $1.85.... and yes, the lady wears the headphones backwards so I don't have to spin them when putting them on.

For anyone interested in this as a stand, I do have one possible caveat: My HD598s are not at "neutral" stretch on the head.  I would say I have to stretch the headphones outward 2 inches to get them on my head, and they sit on the lady's head at about 1 inch of stretch.  I think my cans will be fine, but it could be an issue if you want them to rest un-stressed.

(Picture taken with cell phone - hence, it sucks)

-IKE

May 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #1,150 of 3,874
Not remotely stylish, but cheap and effective, takes up no desktop space and allows a degree of air circulation...

The central hub is an old ceiling light fitting and the sponge outer was 99p at a local chemist...

May 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #1,151 of 3,874
I was inspired by a lot of these designs and I decided to make some of my own stands.

For my AKG K271MKII's

and my Senn HD 280 Pro's

May 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #1,152 of 3,874
Quote:
as for the formworks, I'm sorry sir but i cannot, hope you understand where I'm coming from.
that will be my trademark secret.

Certainly understand. I was asking out of professional curiosity, well ex-professional. Your answer is enough context for me to guess how well you executed the layup and the details are unimportant.

-Dogwan

May 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #1,153 of 3,874
Hey csteimnetz1 are you going to put a finish on those stands or leaving them as that? Either way they look good!

May 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #1,154 of 3,874
Quote:
Hey csteimnetz1 are you going to put a finish on those stands or leaving them as that? Either way they look good!

Thanks. Yeah I do plan on staining them with a simple wood stain when I get a chance to go out to Home Depot. I will make sure to post pictures when I have finished them. As of now I still think they look real good but just a little unfinished. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back