THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Mar 24, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #781 of 3,874
I really like it. The polished copper looks great and it is certainly different in a good way. And as you said, it's easily modified too using different fittings. Nice job. 

Quote:

Well, here we go.

I looked over this thread and wanted to do something a little different. So I attached it to some drawers I had that now house my amps and cables!

It's a wee bit off center, and I need to paint the base black. But other than that, I think it turned out really well. The other really cool thing about it is that when I get my TMA 1s, I can put a T joint on it, and make it a double!

Whatcha think?

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #782 of 3,874

Speaking of which I actually need to get a T and another arm for my new TMA-1s.

EDIT: Which come in the mail tomorrow. Get hype.
Quote:
I really like it. The polished copper looks great and it is certainly different in a good way. And as you said, it's easily modified too using different fittings. Nice job. 

Mar 26, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #783 of 3,874
This is a headphone stand I made a week ago.  It is made from sepele with mahogany post.
I needed a smaller size top so that I could fit a dust cover over it (and the headphones).
Nothing terribly fancy or exotic was done to the wood, it is in its natural color and shimmer.

This was my first time doing inlay work, and I'm happy with the way it came out.  The inlay is a variety of woods.

My dad and I like the inlay with the sepele wood, so he may begin to incorporate that into future stands he makes.

I really like how the colors on the stand contrast with the Stax O2.

Mar 26, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #784 of 3,874

Quote:
This is a headphone stand I made a week ago.  It is made from sepele with mahogany post.
I needed a smaller size top so that I could fit a dust cover over it (and the headphones).
Nothing terribly fancy or exotic was done to the wood, it is in its natural color and shimmer.

This was my first time doing inlay work, and I'm happy with the way it came out.  The inlay is a variety of woods.

My dad and I like the inlay with the sepele wood, so he may begin to incorporate that into future stands he makes.

I really like how the colors on the stand contrast with the Stax O2.

looks beautiful.

Mar 26, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #785 of 3,874
Apr 2, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #786 of 3,874
Looks awfully a lot like these...

Apr 2, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #788 of 3,874

Quote:
The CrossRoads one is cheaper to boot, but what is the top one?

Top one is the headphone stand from audio-technica.

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #789 of 3,874
I just "made" one. Got a banana stand($2 at GoodWill) but it was a bit to short so I cut some wood to extend it...not the greatest looking but it works for now. Painted it Gunmetal gray over the horrendous red it was before.

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #790 of 3,874
pics of your modded banana stand?

Apr 3, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #791 of 3,874

Quote:
Looks awfully a lot like these...

Were you referring to my stand?  If so, I'm going to have to disagree.  The AT stand looks nothing like mine.  Just look at their small base.  It is very flimsy and makes the stand very prone to toppling over.  If you have 2000$ headphones on your stand, you don't want them to fall off.  The AT is designed badly.

The music note stand is an interesting design.  My mom had the idea to make a stand out of a music note 3-4 years ago.  But it is an AWFUL design for headphones.  That would damage most headphones, and again is prone to toppling over.  It's an interesting shape, but the design is very very poor.

My design was specifically designed by a physicist, with the utmost care taken in ensuring that it is both VERY sturdy / stable and also very safe for headphones.

I'm sorry to make a big fuss about it, but I take serious offense in my design being compared to those other two.  The other two I consider seriously inferior. 

PS:  I think the wood I used is also quite a bit fancier than the other two.

Apr 3, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #792 of 3,874

Quote:

Were you referring to my stand?  If so, I'm going to have to disagree.  The AT stand looks nothing like mine.  Just look at their small base.  It is very flimsy and makes the stand very prone to toppling over.  If you have 2000$ headphones on your stand, you don't want them to fall off.  The AT is designed badly.

The music note stand is an interesting design.  My mom had the idea to make a stand out of a music note 3-4 years ago.  But it is an AWFUL design for headphones.  That would damage most headphones, and again is prone to toppling over.  It's an interesting shape, but the design is very very poor.

My design was specifically designed by a physicist, with the utmost care taken in ensuring that it is both VERY sturdy / stable and also very safe for headphones.

I'm sorry to make a big fuss about it, but I take serious offense in my design being compared to those other two.  The other two I consider seriously inferior. 

PS:  I think the wood I used is also quite a bit fancier than the other two.

The offending posts were removed, but someone was basically advertising their site without MOT status, selling the same stands as the ones hifidk quoted.

Apr 3, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #793 of 3,874
I see.

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #795 of 3,874

Quote:
OK more a case of using your surroundings to the best of their potential than real DIY, but it does the job. Sorry for picture quality...

Is that two Fiio E9s I spy? Why do you have two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back