wow.....thats really cool, it really fits with the LCD2's

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #752 of 3,874
Nice cat ... and the stand as well.
biggrin.gif

It looks very sleek.

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #753 of 3,874

Quote:
I still have to add some sort of fabric surface on the metal cabinet pull

I was going to mention this very thing until I read this.
Yea, put something soft on that metal, and that'll be really nice.

I like it.

Mar 4, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #754 of 3,874
Nice break from conventional design Brian, the metal looks good against the wood of the LCD-2s, I don't see why you need to pad it.

Do you ever get worried about your cat playing with your cables?  (If that is a cat.)

Mar 4, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #755 of 3,874
Quote:
Nice break from conventional design Brian, the metal looks good against the wood of the LCD-2s, I don't see why you need to pad it.

Do you ever get worried about your cat playing with your cables?  (If that is a cat.)

Thanks! I thought the metal looked good too, so I just ended up putting a layer of clear packing tape over the metal so that it maintained the same look, and so the metal didn't have any effects of the wood later...

And I don't normally keep my audio components on that table. I just brought it out in the living room to take a picture because my room was quite dark. The three cats my girlfriend and I own are very good too, all the seem to every be interested is being petted, haha. Sleep, eat, and get attention - That's their entire day.

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #756 of 3,874
I made this with the LCD-2's in mind because I didn't want to hang them, considering their weight. I knew if they were hung for even short periods of time, the headband pad would become permanently compressed. Also, the amount of contact in general is very minimal, which is good for the shape of the ear pads and headband pad.

I still have to add some sort of fabric surface on the metal cabinet pull, but this was a very cheap design and looks quite nice. Almost like an LCD-2 display case!

Great problem solving Brian!

Cheers,
al

Mar 8, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #757 of 3,874
I finally have a reason to post on this thread!!!
beyersmile.png
What you think? I know.. so cheap for such a great headphone.. I will make a way better one later.

Mar 8, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #758 of 3,874
Quote:
Great problem solving Brian!

Cheers,
al

Thanks man! I'm hoping to see someone take my idea to the next step. With the creativity of some of the guys on this forum, I can only imagine what's next.

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #759 of 3,874

A recyclable headphone stand, very cool.
Quote:
I finally have a reason to post on this thread!!!
beyersmile.png
What you think? I know.. so cheap for such a great headphone.. I will make a way better one later.

Mar 14, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #762 of 3,874
2 more I just whipped up. Please excuse camera flash glare. The silver one cost me $5 and the other the same. They took about 10 minutes each. Have to love the thrift stores for cheap silver lamps. Didn't find any Staxx headphones for sale though :frowning2:

The one on the left is black base, chrome post and black top. Have to get prepared for the future...

Mar 15, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #763 of 3,874

Well, here we go.

I looked over this thread and wanted to do something a little different. So I attached it to some drawers I had that now house my amps and cables!

It's a wee bit off center, and I need to paint the base black. But other than that, I think it turned out really well. The other really cool thing about it is that when I get my TMA 1s, I can put a T joint on it, and make it a double!

Whatcha think?

Mar 15, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #764 of 3,874

Quote:
2 more I just whipped up. Please excuse camera flash glare. The silver one cost me $5 and the other the same. They took about 10 minutes each. Have to love the thrift stores for cheap silver lamps. Didn't find any Staxx headphones for sale though :frowning2:

The one on the left is black base, chrome post and black top. Have to get prepared for the future...

dude.....those are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back