THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Dec 26, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #661 of 3,874

Quote:

Quote:
I think i'm gonna get one of these for my sony XB700

Do you have to drill the holes to mount the sticks?

which holes?
confused_face%281%29.gif

if you mean what im thinking, dont say it!

Dec 26, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #662 of 3,874
I assume you mean the wood knot?

I just like it there. Gives the piece some character

Quote:
Quote:

Just finished it today. You can't really see it in the picture, but I laser engraved my name on it. I thought it turned out well. Still have to put some kind of seal or finish on it though. 

What's that in the left corner?

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #663 of 3,874
Yeah it's cool, it looks like a leaf to me. But I don't get the holes either.

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #666 of 3,874
My marine ply stand:

Not much to look at, but it was somewhat of a labour of love with the varnishing. The hook on the back was originally a too-small wire cleat, so I hacked it in half a bit. The Stratocaster just happened to be there.

Dec 30, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #668 of 3,874
Quote:
Joe that looks awesome. and i'd look even more awesome on my desk 
regular_smile .gif

Thanks! It doesn't really look that good in person. The varnish is a rubbed finish look (rather than gloss), so I'm hoping that it'll become a little better with some wear on it.
And no you can't have it.
tongue.gif
I've got my shelf stand that came with my HD 595s for now, but I've got a pair of MS-1s arriving at some point, and they'll need standing.

Jan 8, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #669 of 3,874
Found a quick 'n easy solution for folks who want their stand to take up minimal space (and have no qualms about drilling a couple of holes into the wall or desk).

I used a "BJÄRNUM" hook from Ikea, which is attached to my desk hutch. I've seen other people use stuff from the BJÄRNUM family for headphone stands as well, many of them seem to be great for that purpose. Got it in a pack of three for about $10, and it conveniently folds up if for some reason I needed an additional 3 inches of space. I suppose a more creative person could also wrap some foam or something around to make a more rounded perching surface.

See here: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60152590

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #670 of 3,874
Here is mine, black soft texture (kind of used in jewelry display), bottom stuffed with metal for more stability :

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #671 of 3,874

Quote:
Found a quick 'n easy solution for folks who want their stand to take up minimal space (and have no qualms about drilling a couple of holes into the wall or desk).

I used a "BJÄRNUM" hook from Ikea, which is attached to my desk hutch. I've seen other people use stuff from the BJÄRNUM family for headphone stands as well, many of them seem to be great for that purpose. Got it in a pack of three for about $10, and it conveniently folds up if for some reason I needed an additional 3 inches of space. I suppose a more creative person could also wrap some foam or something around to make a more rounded perching surface.

Awesome, I think I'm going to have to pick up a few of these.

Jan 9, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #672 of 3,874

Quote:

Quote:

Awesome, I think I'm going to have to pick up a few of these.

x2
too bad they dont sell it in their website.

Jan 11, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #673 of 3,874
Ikea and other home stores are excellent for finding things to hang your cans on....

An Ikea towel rail that should be mounted on a wall, but can stand in its side, with pipe insulation and bits of card cut to stop the softer bands stretching too much and a banana tree from Lakeland.

Jan 11, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #674 of 3,874
Jan 11, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #675 of 3,874

Quote:
I made this after I got frustrated with having no where to put my headphones. I did not really care how it turned out so it's cut really sloppy. I'm going to make a real stand once school starts up again and have access to a wood and metal shop.

Sorry for the low quality cellphone picture, I wasn't in the mood to break out the good camera.

umm! good camera cellphone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back