THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Nov 7, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #631 of 3,874
My glorious rack!!!!!!

lol total cost...about 1 dollar pulse 38 cents of hard foam so the leatherette isn't directly touching.

Nov 7, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #633 of 3,874

Quote:
^ impressive

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA your avatar says it all, hey I'm broke at the moment, when the time comes i will prolly make a proper headphone rack, right now I'm just using my walls....

Nov 8, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #634 of 3,874
lol, my profile pic is both a blessing and a curse. Whenever I type something sarcastically, people immediately understand, however whenever I collect my thoughts and share them in a serious matter, I get passed over. Currently looking for a new profile pic

Nov 8, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #635 of 3,874
keep it it works wonderfully, or add some headphones into it LOL

Nov 8, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #636 of 3,874

Quote:
I am currently working on a new stand... made of chakte kok, cocobolo, claro walnut burl and purple heart! Sadly I do not have much time or else I would make more of those fun projects! I just gotten a lathe and I played with it for some time... and I decided to make a stand! Basically I am making a gothic looking stand that is twisted and wavy! Ghoulish like if that makes any sense to you guys. Will post pics when finished!
wink.gif

Here is the more common I made from claro walnut burl... This was my second wood project, the first one was the Grado's pads adapters I made to fit my Beyer ear pads. I went through 8 prototypes the result is really rewarding, it's really fun to figure out all the measurements and when you are tool limited it adds even more challenge! Everything is finished with oil.

Charles

grain-1.jpg

cap.jpg

stand.jpg

the Grado's you have make me hate you beyond all reason, how, HOW did you do that!

Nov 8, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #638 of 3,874
I used a wooden dowel-  "closet pole" - from Home Depot and notched it to allow me to mount it onto shelf backets -  see the picture

I want to screw some hooks into the bottom of it to hold the cables, instead of wrapping the cable around the headbands - or something, some way to neatly hold the cables.

And no, the shelves aren't curved.  That's an artifact from a wide-angle lens I used.

I need to add another shelf- I have many more amps now!  And my headphones are mostly all different than the ones shown.

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #639 of 3,874
Nov 8, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #640 of 3,874
My MK II headphone stand (mk 1 was a fair bit more overcomplicated, and was originally started as a study for a desktop catapult) . Costs about 3 dollars in parts, and at most a half an hour of with with hand tools (the indent the headphones sit on are a pain to do... lots of gouging and filing to get it half decent), and there a few minor tweaks i'm debating for MKIII. For those who geek out over materials, i used about 2/3 of a single 450mm long by 25mm by 25mm slotted baton of Alniphyllum Fortunii (or as daiso called them 'the stick with the ditch), with a 10mm by 10mm by 6mm MDF for the base, and random possibly 1/4 inch  dowels for the inlay on either side of the horizontal crossbar - the dowels might also get fitted to the bottom, they're a neat, strong way of connecting two of those batons together i was messing with for another project, but i like the way they look. I haven't decided how to finish them, and this is a prototype so there's quite a few rough edges to the design, literally and figuratively. On the other hand it only takes about 45 minutes to build one and most of that is trying to gouge out and file that indent, and for the time it took, i rather like it. MK 2.1 will prolly have a little block of the same wood in front with a hole to put a 1/4 inch jack in, when i can be bothered to do it.

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #641 of 3,874
Well, as I got new cans (dt880/600) i decided that i needed a stand...and so I made me one. It cost me 0€ as I had everything at home. It's made out of a dirt bike seat I don't need anymore, the base I stole from Ikea lamp that has been sitting in the basement for some time now and the rod is...I don't know i found it. There are some bolts and that's it=) I like it very much.

PS:Sorry for bad pics. They're made with a phone.

Dec 2, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #645 of 3,874

tucked under the table

Users who are viewing this thread

Back