THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Sep 15, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #496 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcaudon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks!!! So, can I assume that the kanjis are correct? it's not the stand's name, it's my surname
redface.gif
. The name of the stand is origami
wink.gif

Hehe well they are correct in that 武者 (mu sha) is a armored samurai warrior.
That's a pretty funky surname! You sure your from Spain?
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #498 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe well they are correct in that 武者 (mu sha) is a armored samurai warrior.
That's a pretty funky surname! You sure your from Spain?
wink.gif

Hehehehe, yes I'm from Spain, but my surname is Guerrero (Warrior in spanish). Do those kanjis mean specifically a samurai warrior? I searched for the translation of warrior and liked the kanjis very much, but I was afraid they were incorrect.

Sep 15, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #499 of 3,874
Oh boy, another kanji user who's unsure of the meanings................. :sad:

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #500 of 3,874
Hmmm well there is that one I gave above.
There is also 武士 (bu shi) which I would liken more to literally meaning a samurai as you probably think of it, like a warrior that follows bushidou (武士道).
A combatant or a fighter/warrior would literally be 戦士 (sen shi, like Gackt's song Ai Sen Shi).
There is also 兵士 (hei shi) which is a soldier like in the army.

Translation is not a precise venture so I say just keep it as it is. Like you said, it looks pretty ^^

LOL this is a pretty funny ot for a thread on stands =]

Edit: awesome name in Spanish thou! Get that in a calligraphic font and it would look pretty rad.

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #501 of 3,874
Denon D2000s came in Thursday so I went home from University to spend the day at my grandfather's shop building a couple of stands. I am on a 2G connect card so I am not going to post all of the pictures until I get back home. I went in without a pattern or anything, and I am really pleased at how they turned out.

This one is made from Black Walnut. Made a pattern that we cut with a bandsaw. I then took to it with a belt sander until I thought it looked good. The base edge was cut with a router so it didn't look bland.

Sep 30, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #503 of 3,874
img2864e.jpg

img2862d.jpg

Cables are kinda messy, but I'm happy with how the stand turned out.

Sep 30, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #506 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebhelyesfarku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keeps the phones handy mwuahahahahahaha

I'm not sure to what extent you want to keep your HD650 looking new, but I would not use that as a headphone stand.

The plastic knob will quickly chip away the plastic film on the HD650 headband.

I speak from experience, sadly.

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #507 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure to what extent you want to keep your HD650 looking new, but I would not use that as a headphone stand.

The plastic knob will quickly chip away the plastic film on the HD650 headband.

I speak from experience, sadly.

Wow, sensitive little basterd 650 we are? Then I should apply some sponge-like stuff in-between. Back to the drawing board LOL

Sep 30, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #510 of 3,874
they dont do anything for me. but I am very excited to hear some. l3000 still reigns king on my tentpants of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back