THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Feb 4, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #3,556 of 3,874
This one took a while to figure out (I eighty sixed three prototypes before this one). Pretty happy with this one:

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #3,557 of 3,874
78198c19c04f0d67fae98b9eaa4b62d1.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Hey pal, where do I get this?

Feb 14, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #3,561 of 3,874

A revisit on my cyclops stand in "poppy red". I don't paint in my projects often but after this I see room for more possibility in the future. I think this is perhaps more marketable than my more "natural" looking baltic birch version. I turn the waves on a lathe in the first two layers cut my profile and clamp together with more profiled stock. In order to seal and paint I used a 50:50 mix of wood glue(PVA) and water. As well as making the paint go on easily it provided a serious protective shell to the whole design. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #3,562 of 3,874
Thought I would submit the headphone stand I made recently. Used Mesquite Wod as it is plentiful here in Texas. And I am trying out using some "L" hooks off of amazon mounted with command strips in case I come up with a better idea to hand them. Nice that I can tuck away the cables on my shelf next to the stand.

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #3,567 of 3,874
I have been searching and searching for a headphone that can hold up to 5 full size headphones comfortably. After seeing a couple of Ideas I had an alteration of my own that was very  easy. Apart from treating the wood it was easier than any other attempts. My issues with most headphone stands is that there is usually not enough room for the cords to hang properly, 

1. First but a block of wood (thick) that you like and sand it, paint it, "whatever you want" it.( you may have to melt the wax off of it though depending on which one you get. I just put my blank in the oven on 175 with a pan underneath and it was fine. 
  2. Get malleable iron pipe fittings, like a flange, tee, and nipples. I used 3/4 inch black iron with (1) 12" nipple, (1) flange, (1) tee, (2)8" nipples, (2) caps
  3. pre-drill holes in the wood 
  4. use the wood screws (deep ones) that will hold strong in the wood to screw the flange secure 
  5. screw the nipples and pieces together in whatever form you desire and viola. 
The total of the pipes costed me 25 bucks from home depot, the wood was another 35 bucks so it's not the cheapest but it works for me. 

Mine(10x10x2 1/2" wood blank):

Plenty of room!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back