THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Jan 21, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #3,528 of 3,874

Cant ^^ im in Europe and worse, Portugal, Vats r super agressive 25-30%, but thanks.

I list a few stands every now and then (uk) but part of the EU so no import duty. I have a couple of new ones underway at the moment hopefully get a couple of pics up tomorrow.

Hey Guys,

New HP Stands for Christmas:

Nice set up and great looking stands, what method of dyeing/staining did you use the colours have come out  really nice?

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #3,529 of 3,874

Nice set up and great looking stands, what method of dyeing/staining did you use the colours have come out  really nice?

Thanks, I'll take some pics of the different stains and stuff I used and link them.

Jan 22, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #3,530 of 3,874
atsmile.gif

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #3,535 of 3,874
Jan 27, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #3,537 of 3,874

Really nice creativity on that one! Wish You would use solid wood instead plywood :wink:

The Baltic birch ply is much higher quality than the best quality plywood available at home depot(no voids and thick ply). I selected it to accent the concentric rings as well as keep the cost low for potential buyers. I do custom orders and it could be made of a hardwood but I would leave that up to the buyer if it was requested.

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #3,540 of 3,874

​
Agree, ideally you don't want any pressure on the pads. Just support them by the headband so there's no constant tension and nothing pressing on the earpads.

Yep just like these

After seeing "matthewhypolite" dyed stands above I was pleased to find some red wood dye while routing around at work so  just had to gave it a try. A nice enamel Coca Cola badge goes well with it.

Had a go at a new paint technique with this one but I still need to work on the method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back