THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Mar 3, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #3,211 of 3,874
  not nearly as impressive as most other contributions, but here's my stand. the materials cost me around $5, and it took me roughly 4 hours to finish. oak, stainless and aluminum.
now, if i could only get some nice headphones to hang... 
triportsad.gif

Beautiful work! I'd like to see some headphones sitting atop it! 

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #3,212 of 3,874
Nice work :)

Someone asked me if I can build them a headphone stand with room for their little Schitt stack. I don't have the Magni/Modi, so used some of my stuff just for illustrative purposes. Nothing crazy, just simple and elegant.

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #3,214 of 3,874
That's fantastic Eric. How long did that take you?

This was was simple, so not too long. 45 minutes on a slow day, 30 on a good day I guess. Some of the others I made took upwards of 3-4 hours though, so it really depends on the design.

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #3,216 of 3,874

My Budget Listening Station

Motorola Xoom Tablet with Zoogue Case

Document/Copy Holder/Stand
(or a bookend would work)

Shure SRH440 Headphone

ARTcessories HeadAmp4

Sansa Fuze with Velcro

1" Diameter Pipe Foam

Mar 6, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #3,219 of 3,874
  not nearly as impressive as most other contributions, but here's my stand. the materials cost me around $5, and it took me roughly 4 hours to finish. oak, stainless and aluminum.
now, if i could only get some nice headphones to hang... 
triportsad.gif

Good idea :)  I really like the minimalistic look.

I have many of these rods lying in the basement. Will give a try later...

Thanks for sharing the idea!

Mar 6, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #3,222 of 3,874
 I know how dangerous to run wires like that but that is how i hook up a tube if i want to know how it sound in my systems and if i like the sound of that particular tube/s then i build the proper adapter/s.WARNING DON'T DO IT IT'S DANGEROUS specially  ALCOHOL is involved.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #3,223 of 3,874
Looking for a new idea for a headphone stand. Headphone Stand + Amp/Dac, +Phone, + Tablet + lights + cabinet for miscellaneous -- all done (or determined as not worth doing).. Now, the most important project, a stand that settles the dust issue is definitely on my mind, but what after?? Anyone have any ideas? A practical (and hopefully profitable) headphone stand + _______, that to this point hasn't been tackled.

This place has always been a wellspring of inspiration for me. Surely the well hasn't dried up.

Mar 13, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #3,224 of 3,874
   I know how dangerous to run wires like that but that is how i hook up a tube if i want to know how it sound in my systems and if i like the sound of that particular tube/s then i build the proper adapter/s.WARNING DON'T DO IT IT'S DANGEROUS specially  ALCOHOL is involved.

Alcohol makes it fun though. Theres one problem all the bottles look full.

Mar 14, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #3,225 of 3,874

Alcohol makes it fun though. Theres one problem all the bottles look full.

Im a beer myself and you never see a full stubbie round here :D

A quick one for the son's gaming headset and music. Cut from a single sheet of 8mm  white plex with a clear notch to hold the tablet and a hook on the rear for the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back