THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Feb 12, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #3,171 of 3,874
Dumb question. For those of you who have headphones that come in a nice case, like my VMODA and especially if they travel with you every day, back and forth to work and such...do you still lust and strive for the ultimate headphone stand?

Feb 12, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #3,172 of 3,874
Just a simple little stand, but elegant enough.

Feb 12, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #3,173 of 3,874
  It feels so good when a client/friend appreciates your work.

Here's one from a client in Singapore.  

Hugo display stand.

Vertebrae headphone stand.

Have to agree you sp3llv3xit :)  A  mate seen my qik night light stand and i had to build him one as well, without the added electronics and remote jack but he was still very happy. Its a good feeling to have your work appreciated and used.
Dumb question. For those of you who have headphones that come in a nice case, like my VMODA and especially if they travel with you every day, back and forth to work and such...do you still lust and strive for the ultimate headphone stand?

I was happy with my case until i found this thread and seen some of the amazing works of art.  I honestly cant believe i had not had this idea before. Then the competitive edge kicks in and you start calling on all your skills and resources to come up with an original idea :wink:

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #3,175 of 3,874
Had some leftover red and white oak and free couple of hours. Looks better in reality though, as I cannot seem to capture it with good photographs.

Headphone Stand XXI

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #3,176 of 3,874
Loving the diversity with materials :D wish i could work with wood as well as  you guys do and  sp3llv3xit everything you do mate is a work of art :D

Added some mesh to tone down the night light a bit and add a touch of industrial - ness :)

Working on a small diy amp that will sit in the middle section.

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #3,179 of 3,874
Thats really cool is that plastic?

TY mate :) yep literally just scraps of perspex from the local plexy shop bin cut to shape and  bent using a heat gun.

That remind me of my stolen boat stabilizer :frowning2:

Nice work BTW!

Ben Lexcen  style :D sorry to hear about your loss man, i just goog'd boat stabilizers and got lesson in design!

Cheers.

Spent the morning knocking this one up :D  i call it the  Li'l Scorpion.

all fab'd again from scrap plex and some parts from Jaycar. 

Running a little 5v cmoy amp powered by usb.  Built for my  PX 100's for late night bed work.

I'll upgrade the amp to a diy DAC/Amp down the track and add a power LED to the front panel.

Cheers.

Feb 15, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #3,180 of 3,874

That remind me of my stolen boat stabilizer :frowning2:

Nice work BTW!

Ben Lexcen  style :D sorry to hear about your loss man, i just goog'd boat stabilizers and got lesson in design!

Cheers.

Spent the morning knocking this one up :D  i call it the  Li'l Scorpion.

all fab'd again from scrap plex and some parts from Jaycar. 

Running a little 5v op amp powered by usb.  Built for my  PX 100's for late night bed work.

I'll upgrade the amp to a diy DAC/Amp down the track and add a power LED to the front panel.

Cheers.

Yeah F'ng bastards stole it........

It's nice to see people using RECYCLED MATERIALS i too i used recycled materials.

Well done Congrats!

Recycled Transformer used to hold my tube adapters.

The bottom case is a recycled Hard drive case gutted and turn it into power module.

My old DIY Stand.................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back