THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Mar 3, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #2,686 of 3,874

Kind of creepy imo.

Once had a glass mannequin head as a stand - it scared me every time I woke up at night....quickly got rid of it....:wink:

Hah! 
That's pretty funny. I've got two glass heads, but they've always been in my living room (so they only scare the guests who sleep over on the sofa-bed 
wink.gif
)
One of them is a really nice Beethoven bust - so he's got a very serious scowl; although when he's got the HE-500's on it does look more like a sort of dignified satisfaction 
biggrin.gif

I guess I should post them up at some point... I've had them for quite a while now.

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #2,687 of 3,874
Hah! 
That's pretty funny. I've got two glass heads, but they've always been in my living room (so they only scare the guests who sleep over on the sofa-bed :wink: )
One of them is a really nice Beethoven bust - so he's got a very serious scowl; although when he's got the HE-500's on it does look more like a sort of dignified satisfaction :D  
I guess I should post them up at some point... I've had them for quite a while now.

I think that I could still live with Beethoven looking at me from time to time.

But mine was bald and had a blank stare....moving it also didn't help and trying to transform it into art by inserting a light bulb made things even worse...-_-

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #2,691 of 3,874
That's a good argument, why would anyone hate you?
Even if people don't like someone's opinions, it's just an opinion after all.

Personally if I see a pair of headphones on anything that resembles a head, it seems like it's "in use". If the headphones were my personal favourite I wouldn't allow "just anyone" use my headphones.

But unless of course I name the bust, I may come to some sort of agreement. Maybe if the head/bust was more abstract and focuses more on highlighting the presence of the headphones? This is however running into the realm of concept ideation, and less on DIY headphone stands.

Mar 4, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #2,696 of 3,874
  No offence but i dislike that head idea to me  those PADS are always under pressure PLEASE DON"T HATE ME it's just my opinion.
blink.gif

I totally agree with you!
My HE-500 though sits very loosely so there's no pressure on the little Beethoven head.
On the other full size head sits an AKG K250, which doesn't have so much head pressure either, so while it's not ideal it could be a lot worse. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #2,698 of 3,874
Someone has probably already posted this one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back