THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Jan 11, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #2,582 of 3,874
It's 2:30 am here in England, and I just had an outlandish idea for a headphone stand.

One that's going to be made using only cellophane tape.

I'll get back to you guys later.. I'll need sleep to ensure that the shops are open when I walk out.... and a lot of tape...

*subscribed*

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #2,583 of 3,874
  It's 2:30 am here in England, and I just had an outlandish idea for a headphone stand.

One that's going to be made using only cellophane tape.

I'll get back to you guys later.. I'll need sleep to ensure that the shops are open when I walk out.... and a lot of tape...

*subscribed*

Ah that's the worst experience.... Having an idea for a design and then trying to sleep, happens to me way too often with projects that sometimes never even get started.

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #2,585 of 3,874
Used a rack drum hanger inserted into a spare cymbal stand for my stand:

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #2,587 of 3,874
Thanks.  Free (for me), too!  On the wiring, it's custom (I made it).  The funkiness near the splitter is due to me just putting some loose sleeves over the leads that go to the cans temporarily to prevent microphonics when they touch each other.  I'll remove the SMC connectors and slip on some narrow diameter sleeves when I get around to it to make it look a little neater.  The amp connection end is 4 banana plugs.

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #2,588 of 3,874
My first DIY.
biggrin.gif

Jan 14, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #2,593 of 3,874
But.... did you design that Glass and manufacture it?  I can take a picture of my headphones sitting on random stuff everywhere too.  That could be thread of endless pictures in itself.

Not really but it's something like what I am trying to do :xf_eek: can only find woodies manufacturer rather hard to find...

This thing is so heavy that I worried it have the ability to smash the cable >.<

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #2,595 of 3,874
:O nice machine

here's my un completed DIY banna Hanger Headphone Stand 

Going to get a friend of mine to do a simple stich of some fabric onto that. but it's wraped in a mixture of Semi Hard Foam deep inside and the soft Cushion Filling out side. Need to install the last cosmetic layer! 

BONUS ROUND name the headphones in the back ground xD 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back