THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Sep 3, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #76 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My new Design for headphone stands.

That is an elegant piece of work, but it looks a little out of place to me to use religious icons as functional stands. Not staying its offensive or anything just a little unusual, like using a crucifix for a headphone stand.

I don't typically think of mixing my relaxing hobby, headphones, with religious symbols, though I do like the Japanese aesthetics.

Sep 3, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #77 of 3,874
Hey,

You should realize there are some Japanese religious symbols that can freely used in such applications.

If you have been to Japanese buddist temples, you should see something like.

4f3b6e2d.JPG

Observe the picture. This is called "hennmyou". Supposed to take away darkness; which is evident from him carrying a huge lamp.

Now consider if the lamp was ... a pair of headphones.
blink.gif

Note that ugly thing is a "demon" or "daemon" underling to some holy person. You can kinda play around with it without pissing people off. (Besides, buddists aren't like fundamentalists at all.)

Tomo

Sep 3, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #78 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by greatfool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is an elegant piece of work
though I do like the Japanese aesthetics.

Thanks Greatfool!

Sep 3, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #79 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey,

You should realize there are some Japanese religious symbols that can freely used in such applications.

If you have been to Japanese buddist temples, you should see something like.

Observe the picture. This is called "hennmyou". Supposed to take away darkness; which is evident from him carrying a huge lamp.

Now consider if the lamp was ... a pair of headphones.
blink.gif

Note that ugly thing is a "demon" or "daemon" underling to some holy person. You can kinda play around with it without pissing people off. (Besides, buddists aren't like fundamentalists at all.)

Tomo

Haha a Japanese demon holding headphones would be a bad A stand. Any master woodcarvers?

Sep 3, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #80 of 3,874
One more thing,

The proper direction to which the headphone should be hanging should be below the arch / gate-thingie. ... You ought to ask the "Punks" at Yasukuni-shrine. I would LOVE to see them get a kick out of it. They're probably only people who gets offended. ... (They kinda worship the war criminals ye know? Yah ... ) 

Then again, p1ssing people off never feels so good. Makes me imagine getting kicked in my behind. Yeck!

Now speaking of cool buildings to make into headphone stand, try this one, ...

KLCC_twin_towers1.JPG

Sorry for the religious talk thingie. It was not my place to bore people.

Tomo

Sep 5, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #82 of 3,874
Might as well add mine, inspired by various designs on this thread. I have no real woodworking skills so its a little rough but functional.

img1471largejx2.jpg

img1472largevl2.jpg

Sep 7, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #84 of 3,874
Finally got the pics in.........
You can add an extension to either side and add 4 more headphones so it doesn't look so crowded. Cost is less than $5 for everything, (pvc, spray paint, bar stand), and you can make it any color you want. It only takes 1 hour till completion, depending on the speed of the spray car evaporation. The diameter of thee tubes supports all the headphones so they will retain their shape and not be bent or twisted. Thanks for looking. By the way, you can cover the tubes of pvc with any material. That is my next project.

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #86 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiorapture /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better?

It's functional.
icon10.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #87 of 3,874
Not a headphone "stand", more of a headphone "hang". I find it rather useful.

Sep 14, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #89 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first DIY anything really.. sadly enough. Desktop space is limited currently so it stands on the ground
smily_headphones1.gif
Holding some old headphones... MS-1's and RP-21's OTW

picture002jp1.th.jpg

picture003sj0.th.jpg

Edit: Apparently, I don't know how to upload images correctly.

Where's the parrot gone???
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back