THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Aug 18, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #48 of 3,874
Towert7

Its a really nicely made "T-Junction" cant find the right word now but i think you know what i mean.

Keep it up making nice stands
smily_headphones1.gif

/Erik

Aug 18, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #50 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice work Drew (post #41). What are you using for the stanchion? Is it handrail?

Thanks Alex! Handrails would also work, and would look very similar to that. They were 1.25" wooden dowels. It was the best I could do without a lathe, aside from using other materials (like PVC).

Aug 18, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #51 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Towert7, that's a reall nice stand, congats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KerryKing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Towert7

Its a really nicely made "T-Junction" cant find the right word now but i think you know what i mean.

Keep it up making nice stands
smily_headphones1.gif

/Erik

Thank you both Mojo and Erik!

Aug 19, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #52 of 3,874
My new Design for headphone stands.

This design was inspired by an old piece of Japanese Architecture. I have tried many different variations on this shape, but I like this the best. This has been painted the colors of the origional piece, however I can also use exotic woods with this design.

It's very sturdy, and holds the headphones very nicely. Can hold up to two full sized headphones eaisly, or three small size headphones. The wings are curved to keep the headphones from slipping off the ends.

I'm donating two of my prototypes to the Boston/NE head-fi meet. I'm very happy with this design, so I'm teaching my dad how to make these for him to sell.

Aug 19, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #53 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This design was inspired by an old piece of Japanese Architecture. I have tried many different variations on this shape, but I like this the best. This has been painted the colors of the origional piece, however I can also use exotic woods with this design.

It's very sturdy, and holds the headphones very nicely. Can hold up to two full sized headphones eaisly, or three small size headphones. The wings are curved to keep the headphones from slipping off the ends.

I'm donating two of my prototypes to the Boston/NE head-fi meet. I'm very happy with this design, so I'm teaching my dad how to make these for him to sell.

Wow this design is a straight kill!
Kudos for that!!

Aug 19, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #54 of 3,874
Quote:

Very nice. Might have to make a bid on one at the meet next week.
tongue.gif

James

Aug 20, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #56 of 3,874
Hey cake_and_pie, very creative. What do you use to keep the headphones in place (they look like they would slide right off).

Aug 20, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #57 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by luidge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow this design is a straight kill!
Kudos for that!!

Thanks a bunch luidge!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamess71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice. Might have to make a bid on one at the meet next week.
tongue.gif

James

Thanks James. I'll see you there!

Aug 20, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #58 of 3,874
Quote:

Hey cake_and_pie, very creative. What do you use to keep the headphones in place (they look like they would slide right off).

Hey, thanks a lot. Actually the friction between the headphones and the stand is enough to keep them from sliding off. I originally had some black foam tape wrapped around a portion of the arm, but I really didn't like how it looked and it ended up being unnecessary anyway.

Aug 20, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #59 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by cake_and_pie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, thanks a lot. Actually the friction between the headphones and the stand is enough to keep them from sliding off. I originally had some black foam tape wrapped around a portion of the arm, but I really didn't like how it looked and it ended up being unnecessary anyway.

Wow, my common sense says that headphone should fall right off, and yet it doesn't. That's cool!

Aug 20, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #60 of 3,874
Ah more nice stands.

Towert7
The headstand makes me think about ninjas and samurais
smily_headphones1.gif

Soo cool

cake_and_pie
This one is really in my taste, so clean and nice.
Superb

/Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back