THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Nov 14, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #256 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by aphexii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgot to mention. One thing thats great about the Metal is that its solid as a rock (very heavy), it keeps the center of gravity towards the back so I can use a very small base and its super stable. I could probably throw 4 headphones up there without worrying about it tipping.

OK aphexii, spill the beans. :wink: What is the metal part from Ikea? I want one. Looks awesome

James

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #258 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamess71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK aphexii, spill the beans. :wink: What is the metal part from Ikea? I want one. Looks awesome

James

Main stand portion: Bjarnum Shelf Bracket 11''
Headphone holder post: Capita Leg 4''
Wire wrapping posts: Attest Knob

LINK

Its a bit more expensive than he noted though, his prices were from items in the returned section. Also, you end up with enough parts to make two stands and for a little extra, 4.

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #259 of 3,874
Thanks aphexii. I'm ordering the parts now. I guess you mean another set of the Attest Knob. Just making sure I don't miss anything.
wink.gif

James

Nov 15, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #261 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it easy to get the base plates off the Capita legs, they are attached in the IKEA photo:

32651pe099369s3tr3.jpg

They weren't attached at all in the boxes. It was all separate parts.

Nov 20, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #264 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
100_4158.jpg

Hey guys, I'm almost finished building my stand. It looks pretty much exactly the same as the ones above. One quick question, what's the best way to attach the pvc pipe to the base? Do you just glue it?

Thanks,
Steven.

Nov 20, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #265 of 3,874
@aphexii

That's the same stand that I have!!
But i screwed mine onto the desk, rather than a wooden panel. I have enough parts for another one, incase i ever need it, so that's good as well.

Nov 21, 2008 at 9:13 AM Post #266 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by aphexii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All Ikea parts except the base. Made the base out of a unfinished mini wall plaque they sell at Michaels. Stained with Red Mahogany with a Satin Polyurethane finish.

stand1.jpg

stand2.jpg

stand3.jpg

I would love to have one of these - any chance ??..

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #267 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaydon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone has built out an extra Ikea DYI headphone stand even without a wood base, please send me a PM.
I live in the US. thx.

Found! thx.

Dec 26, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #270 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by dunski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I'm almost finished building my stand. It looks pretty much exactly the same as the ones above. One quick question, what's the best way to attach the pvc pipe to the base? Do you just glue it?

Thanks,
Steven.

I use a hole saw to cut a circle in the base the same diameter as the PVC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back