THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Apr 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #1,847 of 3,874
Quote:

Have you had a chance to try all of the wonderful beers of those great stands you collected?

Not sure what the term "try" means.  
wink_face.gif
  If you mean drink several pints or six packs (or more), then...well...almost all.  Probably about 98% of them, which means well over 110, as the collection now stands at 118 (and counting).

Now if I had tap handles for 98% of all the beers I've "tried", then I'd probably have to take over every room of the house to display them all.  Somehow I don't think the WAF would be very high if that happened...

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
-Benjamin Franklin-

Nothing ever tasted better than a cold beer on a beautiful afternoon with nothing to look forward to than more of the same. 
--Hugh Hood- 

Well ya see, Norm, it’s like this… A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
- Cliff Clavin, of Cheers-

All we are saying . . . . is give yeast a chance.
-Unknown-

Apr 21, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #1,849 of 3,874
Quote:
How much would a stand be? I have my own stands but those are just cool haha

Tap handles can be free (bar that closes), can be bartered for (bar no longer serves that beer), or can be bought on the web (new, or used from auction sites).  In many cases, they ain't cheap.

The stands that they sit on, I made dozens of them  - cut and drilled the wood, sanded them, got the correct bolts, stained them, etc.  Fairly simple.  Cheap.

Don't forget to tune in next Sunday morning.  It's the last day of the NHL season, and the playoffs start next week....

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #1,850 of 3,874
Quote:

Well ya see, Norm, it’s like this… A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

My mind just exploded.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #1,853 of 3,874
Quote:

All we are saying . . . . is give yeast a chance.
-Unknown-

I would like to say this made my day.  Also I started machining the stand today, Hope to have it done in may given that I only work on it for 1.5 hours every other day.

Apr 27, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #1,856 of 3,874
Apr 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #1,858 of 3,874
Sunday morning again.  It's time for the "Tap Handle of the Week" headphone stand.  The NHL season ends today, and the playoffs start in a couple of days.  

He shoots, he SCORES!

GO WINGS!!

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #1,859 of 3,874
Quote:
That black layer is lush, what material did you use? It looks like a super good piano-matte-black paint finish.

I used Plutonium ultra supreme professional grade spray paint.  I put about 4 coats on it.  Didn't come out as glossy as I would have liked so I tried a spray-on gloss from Krylon but it was horrible.  I will never use it again, it ruined the whole look.

Apr 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #1,860 of 3,874
[COLOR=FF0000]Sunday morning again.  It's time for the "Tap Handle of the Week" headphone stand.  The NHL season ends today, and the playoffs start in a couple of days.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF0000]He shoots, he SCORES![/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF0000]GO WINGS!![/COLOR]

Fortunately that looks like a glove from one of my NEW YORK RANGERS !!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back