The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Jan 24, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #182 of 15,119

Quote:
I'm really loving the JVC Victor HA-FX700.

It hisses like a psychopathic alley cat out of my unamped sources though. Hopefully my UHA-6S will be finished soon.

This is my new favorite IEM for electronic music.

I've always been curious about that, but if I had to get a new high end dynamic it would probably be the EX1000. Just so my Z1000 won't be lonely. Then again, maybe the XBA-4 will make a better sibling.

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #183 of 15,119

The EX1000 is wonderful, and my current all-around favorite. Hopefully the XBA-4 will arrive soon. I've read some pretty mixed impressions of it compared to the generally more positive reaction to EX1000. Some people seem a bit baffled by it and don't know what to make of it lol.

That makes me want to hear them all the more.

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #184 of 15,119
Quote:

The EX1000 is wonderful, and my current all-around favorite. Hopefully the XBA-4 will arrive soon. I've read some pretty mixed impressions of it compared to the generally more positive reaction to EX1000. Some people seem a bit baffled by it and don't know what to make of it lol.

That makes me want to hear them all the more.

I keep expecting it to sound like a more dynamic SM3.

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #185 of 15,119
By the way mupps, I noticed you have the ES88 in your inventory. What do you think of it?

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #187 of 15,119

Quote:
By the way mupps, I noticed you have the ES88 in your inventory. What do you think of it?

I really like it. The sound quality is pleasing and clear, perhaps a tiny bit congested, but overall well balanced. I adore the design and find them to be comfortable. I'm not sure I'd actually use them while out and about though since they seem to be a bit on the fragile side, but overall I'm happy with them.

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #188 of 15,119

Quote:
I really like it. The sound quality is pleasing and clear, perhaps a tiny bit congested, but overall well balanced. I adore the design and find them to be comfortable. I'm not sure I'd actually use them while out and about though since they're a bit on the fragile side, but overall I'm happy with them.

Mmm that was my impression of the sound. I'm wondering, what was the price you bought them at? I thought they had great sound but the asking price in Australia (299) was a little rich. The design was so good though and I would love to have a pair as a light and convenient 'go to' pair.

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #189 of 15,119

Quote:
UE Triple.Fi 10: ...Nice sound! Well articulated lows. Good mids. Inoffensive highs. Good detail. Nice body and weight to its sound. Iffy build quality. Not very comfortable.

A TF10 with good mids? (and inoffensive highs) 
eek.gif

Maybe you heard the new UE Quad.Fi 10. :D

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #191 of 15,119

Quote:
$250 USD.

I think it's a bit much, but I had store credit.

Ahh. I'm assuming Audiocubes then. Imma wait for Accessoryjack to get them, and hopefully by then I'll have a little bit to spend. :3

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #194 of 15,119
Quote:
Why, does the Triple.Fi 10 have a reputation for bad mids and offensive highs?

I thought it was the archetypical V-Shape Villain? I had the SuperFi 5 EB's, which were vaudevillian V shaped.

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #195 of 15,119
I've been hankering to use IEMs lately since Ican't really wear my Edition 8's with my awesome new Irish cap, but someone jacked my friend's jacket, within which were my IE7's (RIP ;_:wink:, I had to get a re-fit on my ES5's, and someone's borrowing my GR10's. 

I paid for rush processing on the ES5's, though, so hopefully they'll be back soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back