The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Jan 22, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #91 of 15,119

Make sure to select HD! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #93 of 15,119
Quote:
Oh no.... I just came from a listening session with my EX600 being run through Marilyn. My audio in jack is starting to cut out causing channel imbalance in my IEM's. I hope its fixable I don't want to lose Marilyn.

Gotta confess, I thought you meant that Marilyn was suffering a chemical imbalance. And we all know how that ended. 
basshead.gif

Quote:
Ahh, you want to be able to make essentially a custom sleeve. I went the full route of embedding the 252 right into the goop heh.

Yeah. I was going to use the Super.Fi 3 as matrixes to do the gooping on, so the result would be ready for the Triple.Fi 10 when it arrived. Not to mention basically have a pair of "custom" ear moulds to use for whatever comes my way.

Quote:
You people and your fancy IEMs. I spent all my money on my BRAND NEW COMPUTER.

Haha, I bought a BRAND NEW TV. That's what I've been spending part of today setting up. I don't even watch TV much, but it's got to be ready for the cable installer tomorrow.

Quote:

I'm rarely ever out. Work doesn't permit me to leave very often 
tongue.gif
, hence majority of my listening is spent indoors, be it home or otherwise. 
wink.gif

Sigh. Yeah. Fortunately the music's good.

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #94 of 15,119

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah. I was going to use the Super.Fi 3 as matrixes to do the gooping on, so the result would be ready for the Triple.Fi 10 when it arrived. Not to mention basically have a pair of "custom" ear moulds to use for whatever comes my way.

Haha, I bought a BRAND NEW TV. That's what I've been spending part of today setting up. I don't even watch TV much, but it's got to be ready for the cable installer tomorrow.

Well, it sounds like you have quite a lot on your plate. You got a home theatre system to go with that TV? :3

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #96 of 15,119

Quote:
Uh oh. I forgot.

D:

HOW COULD YOU FORGET THE SOUND? *weeps little unicorn tears*

Honestly most TV speakers drive me crazy with how badly they render dialogue. And with the trend for ridiculously thin televisions now it can only get worse. It actually leaves me to wonder how the Bose TV sounds heh.

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #97 of 15,119

Quote:
D:

HOW COULD YOU FORGET THE SOUND? *weeps little unicorn tears*

Honestly most TV speakers drive me crazy with how badly they render dialogue. And with the trend for ridiculously thin televisions now it can only get worse. It actually leaves me to wonder how the Bose TV sounds heh.

Maybe he got a Bang & Olufsen TV.
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #98 of 15,119
Since we're watching videos: I'm not a big fan of dub whatever - I don't hate it, I'm just not paying attention to the genre - but I happened across this number by Spoek Mathambo last winter and it's been stuck in my head since. One of the few times I've preferred a cover of a Joy Division song to the original.

And oh yeah the video is brilliant.

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #99 of 15,119

Quote:
tongue.gif

Heh. As much as I think B&O stuff is overpriced, their TV's are so intensely beautiful. I vow that one day I will buy a Beovision 8. Along with the monlithic Sony HX series on the tilted steel stand, I consider those to be pinnacles of industrial design. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #100 of 15,119

Quote:
Since we're watching videos: I'm not a big fan of dub whatever - I don't hate it, I'm just not paying attention to the genre - but I happened across this number by Spoek Mathambo last winter and it's been stuck in my head since. One of the few times I've preferred a cover of a Joy Division song to the original.

And oh yeah the video is brilliant.

That video IS brilliant. I love the Talking Heads/ David Byrne kind of vibe he has got going, with some nicely disturbing overtones.

It's a great track as well. I wasn't aware that that was considered dub - something. Interesting.

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #101 of 15,119
Quote:
tongue.gif

Maybe someday.

No, we simply got a good, sturdy, but not fancy 1080p unit from LG. I didn't totally ignore audio: currently there is a 3-piece computer speaker system plugged in. Which sounds pathetic by description and possibly in person, but it's a no-cost improvement over the built in speakers, so we're rolling with it for now. Except...

...the only audio outputs the TV offers are optical and a headphone jack. The headphone jack is noisy, so I plugged a spare DAC into the optical out. The sound is great (relative to the headphone jack and especially to the built-in speakers), but it is a line-source that I can't control from the TV, so the volume controls and mute are ignored. Walking up to the speakers just to control the volume is not going to make us happy, so I'll have to go back to the noisy headphone jack for now.

Since all I expect to watch are bicycle races, some hockey and the odd cooking show, this is usually a lower priority than music for me, but it's a high priority for my partner and things had to be in place for the cable installer tomorrow.

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #102 of 15,119

Quote:
Quote:

Maybe someday.

No, we simply got a good, sturdy, but not fancy 1080p unit from LG. I didn't totally ignore audio: currently there is a 3-piece computer speaker system plugged in. Which sounds pathetic by description and possibly in person, but it's a no-cost improvement over the built in speakers, so we're rolling with it for now. Except...

...the only audio outputs the TV offers are optical and a headphone jack. The headphone jack is noisy, so I plugged a spare DAC into the optical out. The sound is great (relative to the headphone jack and especially to the built-in speakers), but it is a line-source that I can't control from the TV, so the volume controls and mute are ignored. Walking up to the speakers just to control the volume is not going to make us happy, so I'll have to go back to the noisy headphone jack for now.

Since all I expect to watch are bicycle races, some hockey and the odd cooking show, this is usually a lower priority than music for me, but it's a high priority for my partner and things had to be in place for the cable installer tomorrow.

I had that issue once. Having a separate volume control for the speakers is never fun, but then paying for a receiver is not fun either. You could find some sort of active speaker with a remote?

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #103 of 15,119
I still use my TV speakers. I almost don't watch it, so there's no problem to keep it without a separate system. I still use cheap bookshelfs on my computer...

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #104 of 15,119
Quote:
It's a great track as well. I wasn't aware that that was considered dub - something. Interesting.

I have no idea, to be honest. In this case, I saw somebody refer to it as a dubstep offshoot and while it doesn't sound like dubstep to me I can see there might be a relationship. Like I said, though, this isn't a genre I follow, so I'm gonna defer to people who know. I'm always happy to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back