The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Jan 22, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #61 of 15,119

Quote:
Speaking of which, I was wondering MuppetFace, have you ever listened to or owned the AKG K400 EP? I've recently bought it used about a week ago and it's quite the headphone; it is very spacious and does amazing things to acoustic music and vocals without overdoing it's soundstage, it just sounds right to me in general which I don't think any other headphone has done for me before. Kind of in the way your electrostatics must sound "right" to you above all the other headphones you still enjoy I imagine.

Its made me realize that I'm going to have a get a source worthy of amplifying it -as well as buy the K501 (Bass heavy version) to complement it.

I have the K501, but not the K400. I prefer it to the more popular K701.

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #63 of 15,119

Quote:

According to HeadRoom the SRH1840 is "warm and smooth" and "more laid back versus the 1440" but with "accurate musical detail to the hilt." Both it and the K3003 are supposed to have an airy and expansive presentation. Also there's a $400 price difference between the two, not a $700 difference FWIW.

I wouldn't use the K3003 while out either. I use most of my IEMs at home, actually.

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/shure-srh1840.php
Headroom price is $699, below you can see the MSRP, same price.

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #64 of 15,119

Quote:

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/shure-srh1840.php
Headroom price is $699, below you can see the MSRP, same price.

Right.

And the K3003 is available for about $1100. The difference is $400, so the SRH1840 isn't "half the cost" of the K3003.

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #65 of 15,119

What was i gonna post again???? Never mind, pardon me while I drool over the hot chicky babe.

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #71 of 15,119
Quote:
I think I'll pass and go for the Heir 8 driver custom :).

Good choice.

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #72 of 15,119
The Audiofly doesn't seem promising..  TBH..  Although they do look a tad more comfortable than the Atomic Floyd Superdarts I've tried. Sadly, I prefer (only wear) IEMs cable around the ears. But I'll be interested to have a go at these Audioflys. Especially since they're Aussie.

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #74 of 15,119

Quote:
The Audiofly doesn't seem promising..  TBH..  Although they do look a tad more comfortable than the Atomic Floyd Superdarts I've tried. Sadly, I prefer (only wear) IEMs cable around the ears. But I'll be interested to have a go at these Audioflys. Especially since they're Aussie.

LOL, at first I read supertards...

Quote:

If you get the non-remote/mic version from the place you mention (Stereo in Singapore), it actually comes to either $1,211 USD (** $1,261 USD) or $1,235 USD (**1,290 USD) depending on chosen shipping method.

If you get the remote version, price is $1,290 (**$1,345 USD) or $1,313 (**1,368 USD) depending on chosen shipping method.

**The above prices include PayPal exchange rate fees which can amount to $50-$60 USD for the above prices, at least that's the case when using PayPal UK - the shop (Stereo in Singapore) only accepts PayPal payment for overseas orders. Doing a simple exchange rate conversion online will not give you the real rate you'd end up paying.

On top of that, at least in the UK (and most other European countries), you have to add 20% Import duty/tax ($240-$260 USD). Unlike some eBay sellers, who may declare a low value on an item shipped overseas so the buyer avoids paying import duty, Stereo, which is a reputable shop, will have to declare the real value of the item in case it gets lost in transit - it's in their interest, too, that they do. Import duty is not only calculated on the price of the item, but also shipping charges, BTW.

For those based in the US the current price for the remote/mic model is $1,300 USD. For those based in the UK it's £1,000 ($1,557 USD).

If buying from Singapore and there's a warranty issue, there's a good chance you may have to send the item back to Singapore for Stereo to honour the warranty.

I live in Brazil, I'll have to import these, like most Hi-end stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back