The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Jan 22, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #46 of 15,119
Since there were quite a few Japan-o-philes in the last thread (kiteki being one of them) I thought I'd post this here: my two recent favourite pieces of music, from Squid Girl Invasion season 1 and 2 respectively (Shinryaku! Ika Musume)

Makes me want to put on a swimsuit and dive in the nearest beach even in the middle of this freezing winter
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 22, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #47 of 15,119

Quote:
What do you guys think about the new SRH1840? I'm pretty interested on these, but also looking for the K3003, hard time choosing which one.

I think it looks like the lovechild of a T1 and HD650. As for how it sounds, HeadRoom describes it as "laid back" and spacious, which has me seriously considering placing a pre-order for it.

All mine for 700 berry-cherries.

But then I'm also close to ordering the K3003. I'm hopeless.

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #48 of 15,119

Quote:
Since there were quite a few Japan-o-philes in the last thread (kiteki being one of them) I thought I'd post this here: my two recent favourite pieces of music, from Squid Girl Invasion season 1 and 2 respectively (Shinryaku! Ika Musume)

I've only watched a few episodes of the 2nd season but yeah it's pretty amusing.

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #50 of 15,119
Quote:
B&W has always interested me because I've always loved their speakers. When the P5 first came out I was one of the fan boys who ran to the store bought one and paraded all over the mall with the box for all to see, I'm that much of a fan. Unfortunately the P5 was an utter failure to my ears and I wound up selling it a year later. I was hoping that maybe they accomplished something more deserving of the B&W name with this C5 IEM. My pipe dream is to one day own a pair of B&W Nautilus speakers mated to a Bryston or Mcintosh hifi system. I'll never be able to ever afford a system like that though but it's always nice to dream.

Lieven from Headfonia gave it a review that might be worth reading.

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #52 of 15,119
Yay 31 more posts while I had sweet dreams! The Australians are posting and nobody else sleeps, so nostalgic :D

I remember when I'd wake up to over 100 posts a day. I'd be sad that the thread doesn't really come alive till it's like 1am here but what can you do about it...
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #53 of 15,119
Quote:
Let's leave the discussion of bans at that. I don't want this thread to get locked....

Agreed, I edited that out as it wasn't a necessary comment. Now on wards! Back to the discussions.

Speaking of which, I was wondering MuppetFace, have you ever listened to or owned the AKG K400 EP? I've recently bought it used about a week ago and it's quite the headphone; it is very spacious and does amazing things to acoustic music and vocals without overdoing it's soundstage, it just sounds right to me in general which I don't think any other headphone has done for me before. Kind of in the way your electrostatics must sound "right" to you above all the other headphones you still enjoy I imagine.

Its made me realize that I'm going to have a get a source worthy of amplifying it -as well as buy the K501 (Bass heavy version) to complement it.

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #55 of 15,119

Quote:

I think it looks like the lovechild of a T1 and HD650. As for how it sounds, HeadRoom describes it as "laid back" and spacious, which has me seriously considering placing a pre-order for it.

All mine for 700 berry-cherries.

But then I'm also close to ordering the K3003. I'm hopeless.

I'm not much a fan of laid-back signature, but I just LOVE treble, and based on the graph, these should be my dream of headphone. And costing only half of the K3003 price...I just don't know if I can fully enjoy the K3003, I would be probably scared to out with these and at home is way better to use a headphone.

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #56 of 15,119
Quote:
Going to give you a bit of a warning: the Radians material is acoustically such that it will absorb quite a lot of sound in the channel between the original nozzle of the IEM, and the opening of the material. If you can fashion some sort of inner-tube it will probably help a lot. On my pair, I got a HUGE loss in sensitivity by trying the mould. Right now I stuffed a pair of the little red rubber tubes that come with Monster Turbine supertips into the nozzle, but I think the ideal solution would have been to affix something like the inner stem of an actual IEM tip to the nozzle before covering them with the radians goop. Otherwise, they are pretty awesome and comfortable. I cannot actually say if it improved the sound.

Hmm, this is a good idea. I once bought the monster super tips demo sampler and when I returned it I forgot to put the red rubber tubes back in the box so I have a ton of those. Honestly though I think the tubes inside the flanges in Iem's are much to thick as far as sound bores are concerned. I bet the thinner tubes in mechanical pens and pencils are a better bet.

I'm wishing I hadn't blindly thrown away my old ety foam tips now, those tubes would have been perfect. I guess I'll just take the tubes in my spare mushroom tips out.

I think the "cores" in foam tips are an even better bet for use as makeshift sound bores.

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #57 of 15,119
Are those the Fostex Thunderpants? I really wanna get a pair of those and mod them to my hearts content :). I am excited. Can't wait til tomorrow for my DX100 to arrive. Not sure when my O2 reference amp will arrive but am hoping it flushes my E9 down the toilet in performance...

Thanks for remaking the thread Wood-Maiden.
beerchug.gif

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #58 of 15,119

Quote:
Are those the Fostex Thunderpants? I really wanna get a pair of those and mod them to my hearts content :). I am excited. Can't wait til tomorrow for my DX100 to arrive. Not sure when my O2 reference amp will arrive but am hoping it flushes my E9 down the toilet in performance...

Thanks for remaking the thread Wood-Maiden.
beerchug.gif

You're getting the DX100, I'm getting the IE80 - seems like a good day for us my friend.

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #59 of 15,119

Quote:
I'm not much a fan of laid-back signature, but I just LOVE treble, and based on the graph, these should be my dream of headphone. And costing only half of the K3003 price...I just don't know if I can fully enjoy the K3003, I would be probably scared to out with these and at home is way better to use a headphone.

According to HeadRoom the SRH1840 is "warm and smooth" and "more laid back versus the 1440" but with "accurate musical detail to the hilt." Both it and the K3003 are supposed to have an airy and expansive presentation. Also there's a $400 price difference between the two, not a $700 difference FWIW.

I wouldn't use the K3003 while out either. I use most of my IEMs at home, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back