The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
May 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #11,011 of 21,763
Quote:
You mean The Infinite diary of Bioshock. Yeah that's a lame try by me...

It took me a few seconds to register that that was even a joke... hehe.
Quote:
Having seen the full frame, this takes her selection to a whole 'nuther level. Great choice, MF!

It makes me think of Coleridge's poem Lamia which we had to study in high school. It's definitely a nice avatar heheh.
Quote:
Okay thanks, I think I'll pass on them.  I don't know a thing about them, and I'm not terribly curious about the sound.  Just surprised that there's a BA (even if it is a single BA) out there for $30.  I think that my UE700 will soon become my back-up pair.  Got a UE900 coming in as a review unit soon (hopefully).

They had me until you started talking about the cable.  Ugh, J-cables. 
angry_face.gif
  I'm a big fan of symmetry, and J-cables annoy me quite a bit.  But nice review! 
smile.gif

UE900 review unit?! How? Haha PM me the details of who you contacted. XD Actually, Sony makes a single BA that is even cheaper with an earloop like mechanism, though I totally forgot the name.

As for your J cable comment you remind me of this guy:

May 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #11,014 of 21,763
Quote:
Quote:
Got a UE900 coming in as a review unit soon (hopefully).

UE900 review unit?! How? Haha PM me the details of who you contacted. XD Actually, Sony makes a single BA that is even cheaper with an earloop like mechanism, though I totally forgot the name.

PM sent.  The actual details are rather dry and disappointing I'm afraid. 
frown.gif

No carbon nanotubes on the Sony though right?  I actually just received an XB60EX from a friend of mine.  Yes, there is a bass emphasis, but it's very, very smooth and sounds great for pop music.  Not an audiophile signature off course, but truthfully I haven't had this much fun in ages.  As a side benefit, the gold-ness of it is way over the top, again in a fun way.

I'm also keen on trying out the loop mechanism on the XBA-S65, but I have a strange feeling that I won't appreciate it's sound at all.

Quote:
Quote:
They had me until you started talking about the cable.  Ugh, J-cables. 
angry_face.gif
  I'm a big fan of symmetry, and J-cables annoy me quite a bit.  But nice review! 
smile.gif

As for your J cable comment you remind me of this guy:

Dude knows what he's talkin' about! 
wink.gif

May 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #11,015 of 21,763
Quote:
No carbon nanotubes on the Sony though right?  I actually just received an XB60EX from a friend of mine.  Yes, there is a bass emphasis, but it's very, very smooth and sounds great for pop music.  Not an audiophile signature off course, but truthfully I haven't had this much fun in ages.  As a side benefit, the gold-ness of it is way over the top, again in a fun way.

You have to wonder if this carbon nanotube stuff is all that it's cracked up to be if Sennheiser would have looked at every material for the IE800 and went with something else. (Or maybe they are being all secret like). 

I wish JVC would concentrate on making single driver IEMs and make an even better FXD80.

May 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #11,016 of 21,763
LOL, surely cosmetics can't be the only reason?  :D

WAIFU. ON. MY. EAR. Is the best thing. Sadly, hedonism is costly. Well, if it's only cosmetic, I would've bought the cheapest model from a company that does great custom art faceplate. But since I do appreciate good sound, I don't want my waifu to sound like a coughing whale.

I'm also keen on trying out the loop mechanism on the XBA-S65, but I have a strange feeling that I won't appreciate it's sound at all.

I've tried the S65 a couple of times. I'll say this: good job Sony on the amazing physical mechanism. Lets revisit it with a better, not-stuffy sound yeah?

May 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #11,017 of 21,763
Quote:

Any thoughts about the vacation?  BTW, THE Show in Newport is in late May...

Not yet... I'm thinking from June on... Still don't know where though.
I'm the best man at a wedding that's going to take place soon... ugh how I hate those! lol

May 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #11,018 of 21,763
I was going to get a pair of ASG2 but the thread is so plagued by ********tism that the communist party here in China would envy that I find myself wary...your impressions on the ASG 2 are my most awaited as I think you are not influenced by anything but your ears.

I pick up my as-2 tomorrow at Canlanta. Some of the odd impressions have me a bit anxious, as they are nothing like the prototype I heard. Also hoping they are Tera friendly.

May 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #11,019 of 21,763
Btw have any of you tried that Golden Ears Accudio app?

The premise of the app is that Golden Ears has measurements for a variety of earphones and a database of EQs to match a reference sound. It also apparently has the ability to 'simulate' what some headphones might sound like by adding EQ to another (the selection is pretty limited atm though). 

I'm just playing around with it now and it really has the amazing ability to make the EX1000, MA900 and RE-400 sound identical lol.

May 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #11,020 of 21,763
Quote:
I pick up my as-2 tomorrow at Canlanta. Some of the odd impressions have me a bit anxious, as they are nothing like the prototype I heard. Also hoping they are Tera friendly.

I'm definitely looking forward to your impressions. Still on the fence about a possible AS-2 build w/ gold faceplates.

Also looking at your sig, I see you like the SM64 and Tera pairing. Have you tried the AK100? Personally I was quite impressed by the SM64 + AK100. Really tho, I've been impressed by the AK100 overall which surprised me given some of the impressions I've read.

If the AS-2 is a no go, I may just wait for the ASG-2 and look into Spiral Ear again. The SE3 Pro should work for sure and would make for a nice more neutral-ish earphone, but I'm still intrigued about the SE5 since it's described as a more detailed and less claustrophobic LCD-2 by someone I know and from whom I can calibrate impressions. Which sounds dreamy to me.

May 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #11,021 of 21,763
Quote:
Btw have any of you tried that Golden Ears Accudio app?

The premise of the app is that Golden Ears has measurements for a variety of earphones and a database of EQs to match a reference sound. It also apparently has the ability to 'simulate' what some headphones might sound like by adding EQ to another (the selection is pretty limited atm though). 

I'm just playing around with it now and it really has the amazing ability to make the EX1000, MA900 and RE-400 sound identical lol.

A buddy of mine tried it for a while in an attempt to make his DT880 sound like a Q701.  Just to let you know how the story ended, he bought a Q701. 
wink.gif

May 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #11,022 of 21,763
Quote:
Quote:
LOL, surely cosmetics can't be the only reason? 
biggrin.gif

WAIFU. ON. MY. EAR. Is the best thing.

Well okay then, I stand corrected! 
smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:

I've tried the S65 a couple of times. I'll say this: good job Sony on the amazing physical mechanism. Lets revisit it with a better, not-stuffy sound yeah?

Yeah, I think your past comment was what waived me off the most.  Still, I've found myself drawn to that loop/hoop. 

Quote:
Quote:
Any thoughts about the vacation?  BTW, THE Show in Newport is in late May...

Not yet... I'm thinking from June on... Still don't know where though.

Hmm... LA Meet is in July! 
wink.gif

Quote:
I'm the best man at a wedding that's going to take place soon... ugh how I hate those! lol

Why, is the maid of honor ugly?

May 3, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #11,023 of 21,763
I'm definitely looking forward to your impressions. Still on the fence about a possible AS-2 build w/ gold faceplates.

Also looking at your sig, I see you like the SM64 and Tera pairing. Have you tried the AK100? Personally I was quite impressed by the SM64 + AK100. Really tho, I've been impressed by the AK100 overall which surprised me given some of the impressions I've read.

If the AS-2 is a no go, I may just wait for the ASG-2 and look into Spiral Ear again. The SE3 Pro should work for sure and would make for a nice more neutral-ish earphone, but I'm still intrigued about the SE5 since it's described as a more detailed and less claustrophobic LCD-2 by someone I know and from whom I can calibrate impressions. Which sounds dreamy to me.

I had the RWAK100 for a while but ended up selling to to get the Tera. I never got to hear the stock AK100. Sounds like the 22 ohm OI pairs nicely with certain phones. The RWAK100 sounded really good with the GR07 mk2 and 7550. I thought I really liked it with the TG334 but became too fatiguing over long listening periods. Together they were a very revealing setup.

I just received the sm64 from the dealzmodo sale with Sound Earphones. It is superb with the Tera and by far the most satisfying combo I've heard yet. Eerily smooth and spacious. I'm looking forward to trying the 1+2 (shipping out monday) and AS-2 with it soon.

May 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #11,024 of 21,763
Kenman and Anak both endorse the AS-2/Tera combo, but I've been looking forward to your impressions for a real long time now Shane. Also a bit antsy due to a handful of comments I've come across lately, but in all honesty, I think the majority of troubling statements come from one member who seems to be having issues with the sig in general. Eager to learn more though

May 3, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #11,025 of 21,763
I eagerly await your impressions too as you, unlike many, have references I can compare to. The 1plus2 Tera works well, but should not be your only reference to judge them, as they Tera gives them a more Tera-ish sound. I wonder if I should try the sm64 Tera combo...
I had the RWAK100 for a while but ended up selling to to get the Tera. I never got to hear the stock AK100. Sounds like the 22 ohm OI pairs nicely with certain phones. The RWAK100 sounded really good with the GR07 mk2 and 7550. I thought I really liked it with the TG334 but became too fatiguing over long listening periods. Together they were a very revealing setup.

I just received the sm64 from the dealzmodo sale with Sound Earphones. It is superb with the Tera and by far the most satisfying combo I've heard yet. Eerily smooth and spacious. I'm looking forward to trying the 1+2 (shipping out monday) and AS-2 with it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back